Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

The Fascism in Norway

Agean's Bacchus

Turkey

A 63-year old Turkish woman, Dondu Tulum, had a cardiac attack at her house in Oslo on January 3 2010. Her son-in-law, Fedai Ucarli, called for an ambulance. Since paramedics were late, he made several other calls and yelled at officers. After paramedics called the police, policemen came to Turkish family's house and handcuffed Ucarli and his wife in the middle of the street. Neighbors witnessed the incident and recorded it. Ambulance arrived at house 45 minutes after the first call. The old woman died at home in lack of medical assistance.

If hearts’s ear aren’t deaf  I invite everybody  to protest against to  Norway.

You can watch this incident from link:

http://webtv.hurriyet.com.tr/default.aspx?cid=1&vid=3134

Bacchus

05:31 AM Jan 10 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

_jaedeN_

_jaedeN_

Turkey

Hehe this has become a normal practice of eurobeans (= However what done by Norwegian police looks innocent against done by other eurobean countries.

Maybe it is a misunderstood by the Norwegian police. So I think it is much better to see the result of case. We dont have the right to judge who is right who is wrong. But there is a death person after all these which is sad. To protest Norway is disregarding the law I think.

I still dunno why we are tryin to join EU? EU needs to join Turkey to have better culture and human rights (=  

06:34 AM Jan 10 2010 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

I don't know what the problem was. I watched the video. It's possible that the police officers misunderstood his behaviour. He was trying  to call attention of the police officers by knocking the police car windows, where they were sitting. I have no idea either what a Turkish officer would do at the same situation? Maybe they would shoot him. Everything can be possible. 

Jakob, Turkish folk doesn't need  to be a part of EU. Just the rich Turkish people, who hope to make money easier than they do at the moment. The same is aimed also for such people in the EU. The European and  Turkish culture (also islam and Christian) are just pretense. So you don't need to insult or run someone from Turkey down. Otherwise you aren't different from the people you critize at your comments.

Have a nice evening

08:58 PM Jan 10 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

A few time ago something similar happened to an Uruguayan living in Spain, but it was even worse, cause he was working, he had the heart attack, and his boss even didn't call the ambulance, he took the dying man outside and just let him dying.

Anyway I'm not sure if it was  racism or lack of responsability.

02:09 AM Jan 18 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

I have heard that the justice system in Norway "isn't all that", and I have heard that from Norwegians themselves. Most infamous is the case of Varg Vikernes, and how he was sentenced to 21 years in prison for allegedly burning four churches down, all of which no physical evidence was presented at court, oh yeah, and killing someone in self defence.

Jacob_89, I think you need to chill dude. Though I do see where you're getting at. Believe it or not, we have the same problem with foreigners in the Middle East, with them bringing their culture to ours (not that I have a problem with it in the first place xD) but the Arabs that DO mind have said exactly the same thing you said about their identities being muggled up with that of the Westerners. So you see, you're not the only person that's all frustrated about it. We all have a lot of things in common even though we are on opposite sides of the globe, and I believe we should all live with the pros and cons to this situation. It's a big world out there. Believe it.

And about us going postal over the depiction of bombs on our Prophet's head, again we are not the only people to have such an uproar. I remember reading in a video game magazine about how the Christian community was very angry and upset at how one of the writers thought it was funny that he had referred to a Game Boy that is sitting in the toilet as Jesus. Oh, and let's not forget that other uproar when the Manchester Cathedral was used in the Resistance video game and how until now the Bishop is bashing Sony about it. So you see, it's obvious that religion is a highly sensitive subject to everyone and not only to Muslims. People get offended over lesser things, so how would things get when religion is put in the middle?

And if you think this "politically correct tolerance" for us is going to end. What will happen next? A holy war or probably "The Holy War" would erupt. Is anyone prepared for another all out war in these times? I think, yeah most probably. Hate has filled this world with a lot of depravity. But do you know who will win this war? The answer is NO ONE.......except for funeral parlors, of course. It's funny how we are supposed to be living in a modern technological age yet we keep acting like a bunch of ignorant hooligans from the Stone Age….the irony of it all.

06:06 AM Jan 18 2010 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

Jaeden – I agree, Turkey is making friends with all of its neighbours now, speaking out against injustice in Palestine, etc, they are a really diplomatic country, a shining example unlike the USA and Britain. Maybe Turkey does not get everything right, no State does. I think the EU should be begging Turkey to join, it could help the EU make friends with Islamic countries, and it is understandable that Turkey is fed up of waiting, they asked to join decades ago, before Poland and all. Human Rights problems didn't stop Romania joining.

Jacob – I really like Polish people here and I'm learning Polish right now. But you sound so abusive and racist, representing what is ignorant about Europeans. I wish you could be more tolerant and open-minded. I think you are wrong about muslims. EU has the best human rights? Maybe but still many problems - refugees being sent back to dangerous places, or locked in detention centres (including children), EU countries supply arms to Israel, troops to Afghanistan, police brutality, and so on.

Mia – that is interesting that there are problems with people in the Middle East who feel their identity is threatened by people from elsewhere. It is easy to get offended by other people's stereotype views. A Pakistani lady here joked that British women would go to an important function in my town wearing bikinis – like some muslims have this incorrect view that western women show everything. So some europeans are ignorant and so are some muslims. You are right it is ironic that we think we are so modern. I think the world is just as backward as ever it was. We make technological progress but no progress in human values.

Thanks everyone for this topic. There is a lot of facism and racism in politics in Europe these days.

05:24 PM Jan 18 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Turkey is making friends with all of its neighbours now

which ones? Greece? Cyrpus? Armenia? Let me laugh. The protocols between Armenia and Turkey are not even supported by any Armenian or Turk, it is just a political play. What about tension in Northern Cyprus?

they are a really diplomatic country, a shining example

Yes, after killing Greeks, Armenians, Assyrians and Kurds.

Maybe Turkey does not get everything right, no State does

Sure, but I don't know any state that denies the killing of millions of people, let me know if there is any other country that does.

I think the EU should be begging Turkey to join

EU = European Union, for Europeans. Turkish are not culturally Europeans, 97% of the Turkish lands are in Asia. If they want to do an union, join with Asian and Islamic nations, but not to Europeans.

and it is understandable that Turkey is fed up of waiting, they asked to join decades ago, before Poland and all

And they have been waiting for years because they do not fit with Europe, not like Poland, Cyprus, Romania or other countries.

EU countries supply arms to Israel, troops to Afghanistan, police brutality, and so on.

I agree with that.

06:01 PM Jan 18 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

The protocols between Armenia and Turkey are not even supported by any Armenian or Turk

I support it.  Who are you to talk for all Turks or Armenians? Cry out in the topics about Uruguay

Yes, after killing Greeks, Armenians, Assyrians and Kurds.

= uruguayans drove out genocide in Argentina, Brasil etc..  

(note: both of them are lies, but I dont like lying, that is the difference)

The other responds are as stupid as you are. So I dont need to prove them wrong.

06:13 PM Jan 18 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

= uruguayans drove out genocide in Argentina, Brasil etc..  

What the fuck? If an Uruguayan would like to make a genocide against our gigant neighbours, we would be killed easily, our army is week, we don't have stong bombs or kind of, and our population is 3 millions (Argentina: 40 millions, Brazil: 188 millions). Completely different situation with Turkey and their neighbours.

I would try to expain, but it is a waste of time to try to explain something to a brain washed nationalist like you

Cry out in the topics about Uruguay

I have had, but this topic is about Europe, not South America. Create a thread about my country and I will reply it with pleasure.

06:24 PM Jan 18 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

(note: both of them are lies, but I dont like lying, that is the difference)

if Americans threated their people like how we did in the history they would exaggerate boasting with their history in every movie you watch.  Turks has not driven out any genocide in their whole history. armenian genocide is just a lie of policy and it is NOT proven by any historian. If they did, then show any prove.

You dont know anything about how our Sultans threated their people. I can give you an example:  Arabs always feel sorry for their act against Ottoman Empire because they were just threated badly during the reign of British or French ppl. 

Greeks and Armenians dont like Turkish people because we cleaned their history and their roots. They couldnt win any war against us. In that times, nobody thought about peace, they all thought about power.

If you want to learn about genocides then google about the thousands of genocides made by Europeans or Americans etc..   

07:06 PM Jan 18 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Ain't stupid, I already read it, but i was explaining  the difference between the situation UY and they neighbours and TK and their neighbours, maybe you ought to read more carefully..

07:09 PM Jan 18 2010 |