Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

are u for or against the freedom of women???

buterfly22

Germany

as a woman i like to be free to do all things that i want without being punished, tunisia is suche an exmple of giving the women all their rights. and i proud to be tunisian 

09:56 PM Jan 11 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I definitely support the cause because WE ALL WOMEN ARE BORN FREE AND GONNA STAY FREE FOREVER!!!

11:11 AM Jan 13 2010 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

freedom is for all human so necessary like the air for to breath!!!

is a simple song but you can feel the strong wish for freedom

Richy Havens  " freedom "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIuuzK4XyDA

01:23 PM Jan 13 2010 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

freedom is for all human so necessary like the air for to breath in and out!!!

is a simple song but you can feel the strong wish for freedom

Richy Havens  " freedom "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIuuzK4XyDA

01:23 PM Jan 13 2010 |

Nice shadow

United Arab Emirates

I think if u talk about muslims it will be different because freedom is different from religion to another.

In the first instance, people may think that a Muslim woman is a victim of man, and society.  People think her abilities and powers are limited.  In addition to that, people think that she is forbidden from practicing her human rights.  One can find such examples, but these examples are abnormalities, and are not related to Islam, and its teachings.  Islam valued the woman, and protected her from being a commodity that could be sold and bought, as the western woman.  Islam did not prevent woman from practicing any kind of jobs.  However, Allah (SWT) equate between woman and man in all Qur’anic verses (Ayat)  regarding worshipping, and treatments, with some limitations between  both  in dealing with each other, because only Allah –who creates everything –  knows how to protect  human values.

03:59 PM Jan 13 2010 |

Nice shadow

United Arab Emirates

Allah (SWT) has ordered man to respect woman, and treat her very well, whether she is his wife, or daughter, hitting (for any/no reason) is not allowed.   There are conditions for hitting, and the messenger Muhammad (SAWS) described hitting by using the SEWAK (Islamic tooth brush, it is a very small woody stick, that is not hurting at all used just as a reminder).  How the West treats women proves how Islam on the other hand protects them.  The mother in Islam has a very valued position, nobody has it at all. “The paradise is under her feet”, due to how she suffers during pregnancy, delivering, upbringing, and being concerned about every detail that makes her family being happy. Her children must respect her, and work hard to please her.  They have to do this more and more when she gets old, and reward her for all the things she did to them and not throwing her in elderly institutions without even asking about her, as happens in the western societies.  All mentioned make the Islamic family very related, and full of love, as much as every single member of it works according to the Islamic rules.  Thus, love, and tenderness will be among the members of the same family.  Not only that, love goes far beyond that to relate all Muslims together as brothers and sisters, so the society will be strong, very well connected because of obeying Allah, and following  the Prophet’s path, and then they will reach the top happiness in this life and in the life after . 

04:21 PM Jan 13 2010 |

buterfly22

Germany

this message is for moon_light 2008: if u slap a woman in tunisia i swear u wiill go to jail believe me, this is the law no body can hit ot hurt a tunisian women, but there is another suggestion, if u slapped me i will slapped u simply and if u do a reaction u will go to prison lolllllllllll

sometimes i hate some tunisians law but i like ones which related to women'srightcoz there are some men like u who need to be punished looooooolllll

07:34 PM Jan 13 2010 |

Nice shadow

United Arab Emirates

'beating-women- this is dosent related to religion or freedom

its related to the men. In my opinion there are alot women have freedom in thier country but their husband or whatever hurt them. Men dont recpect women. I mean not all men but alot of them. I talk about Islam because islam valued the woman.

07:57 AM Jan 14 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

"""""""""¿¿are you for or against the freedom of women??"""""""""

How can a person be against the freedom of women? oh my god….....

You must not ask…..¡you have the rights!. Now demand them.

Patriarchy is and must be a thing from past. Every woman has right to choose her couple, the right to leave him and choose another couple if she wants. Women don't need to obey her husband or father, every women know what they want for her life. Even some countries don't think this, mine yes. Spain is not perfect but I'm proud about the rights we have.

01:32 AM Jan 15 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

"Restricted Freedom, lol…"—Sergeant Armani

The word freedom is ironic in itself..

04:42 AM Jan 16 2010 |

darren fischer

Germany

Nope, not at all…i'm for the freedom of women…This is an era where women have out numbered men in many fields and its high time u give 'em equal rights…

05:28 AM Jan 16 2010 |