Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you have an iPhone?

Randyinseattle

United States

I'm conducting a very short survey of iPhone users that has to do with security. If you use an iPhone I'd appreciate it if you can answer the survey questions. It is a very short survey to see how frequently users connect their iPhones to a computer with iTunes running. the survey is at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V76LK5L.

The blog that talks about the issue is at http://www.eset.com/threat-center/blog/2010/02/08/patching-an-iphone

If you have an iPhone and haven't connected it to a computer running iTunes recently, it is a good idea to do so. Apple fixed some security problems, but the only way to update the iPhone is to connect it to a computer and run iTunes.

05:13 AM Feb 09 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

I have an iPhone and I connect it to my iMac almost every day to charge and synchronize it. So I hope I have latest updates. 

06:21 PM Feb 09 2010 |

Randyinseattle

United States

If you opened iTunes with your iPhone plugged in then it should have told you there was an update. I don't have an iPhone, but I am sure there must be a way to see what version of the OS is installed and then the Apple site should tell you the current version. I believe iTunes probably has a "check for updates" as well.

06:27 PM Feb 09 2010 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

Yes, of course, when I plug my iPhone in iTunes starts automatically and I can see iPhone as connected device and get all its properties including OS version. Just now when I've connected my iPhone I was offered to download and install new version.

07:04 PM Feb 09 2010 |

moh.slam

moh.slam

Egypt

yes i have mobile samsung m620

09:01 PM Feb 09 2010 |

moh.slam

moh.slam

Egypt

nokia 6600

12:15 AM Oct 07 2010 |