Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Man marries pillow!!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Lee Jin-gyu fell for his ‘dakimakura’ – a kind of large, huggable pillow from Japan, often with a picture of a popular anime character printed on the side.
In Lee’s case, his beloved pillow has an image of Fate Testarossa, from the ‘magical girl’ anime series Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
Now the 28-year-old otaku (a Japanese term that roughly translates to somewhere between ‘obsessive’ and ‘nerd’) has wed the pillow in a special ceremony, after fitting it out with a wedding dress for the service in front of a local priest. Their nuptials were eagerly chronicled by the local media.
‘He is completely obsessed with this pillow and takes it everywhere,’ said one friend.
‘They go out to the park or the funfair where it will go on all the rides with him. Then when he goes out to eat he takes it with him and it gets its own seat and its own meal,’ they added.
The pillow marriage is not the first similarly-themed unusual marriage in recent times – it comes after a Japanese otaku married his virtual girlfriend Nene Anegasaki, a character who only exists in the Nintendo DS game Love Plus, last November.
THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW A PRIEST AGREE TO DO SUCH NONSENSE, UNLESS THOSE PPL PLAY WITH THEIR RELIGION AS WE SO THESE DAYS OF A PRIEST MARRY ANOTHER PRIEST IN CIVILZED AMERICA…THAT’S WHY I SAID BEFORE CHRISTINTY HAS BEEN DEFORMED TO THE WHIMS OF CLERGY MEN AND AUTHORITY!!!

07:46 AM Mar 17 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Shafa Nabila

Saudi Arabia

I learn this in the material of physology. It can be catagoried to be one mentaly illness. When human loves to abnormal things. Like goods, animal, etc. I think this man is lonely,so he need to see phycolog, because this is serious problem for him. Poor him.

04:44 AM Mar 21 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

I think a man marrying a pillow wont make world a worst place to live.
RIGHT, AND IF U NOTICE I DIDN’T COMMENT ON HIS ACTION..AND I THINK SHAFA NABILA ANSWERED WELL IN THAT POINT!!!
unless he has baby pillows… *”
THEN DO U THINK THE DANGER WOULD COME FROM THAT POINT :)
why don’t you go tell him that? and see what he says.
I WISH BUT I THINK U KNOW THAT I CAN’T, SO I DISCUSSED THE MATTER HERE WITH U, MY FRIENDS :)
Religion is a word, Faith is a feeling and thought of a Believer!”
RELIGION IS A SYSTEM WHICH THE MAKER PUT IT FOR WHAT HE MADE TO WORK PROPERLY AND IN ITS SAFE MODE….I THINK WHO MAKE THE CAR IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PUT A MANUAL FOR IT! OR THE BARBER CAN PUT ONE????!!!!
by the way, from where did you take this new?
AS VIONA SAID FROM A NORMAL NEWS SITE!!! ;)

08:12 AM Mar 21 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

RELIGION IS A SYSTEM WHICH THE MAKER PUT IT FOR WHAT HE MADE TO WORK PROPERLY AND IN ITS SAFE MODE….I THINK WHO MAKE THE CAR IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PUT A MANUAL FOR IT! OR THE BARBER CAN PUT ONE????!!!!

Manual is often written by Technical Writers and not the actual designers and Product Engineers. The manual that you see is what the Technical Writer Understands about the Product. 

If a person has enough capacity to think , then no "manual" is required.You can write your own manual and even make a better manual than the existing "Company" Provided Manual. Why follow a routine just like other users?. 

02:09 PM Mar 21 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

{If a person has enough capacity to think}
but the robot will never reach its maker, human, even in fiction movies!!!
btw, u follow up my topics WOW!!...that is out of ur self or they ask u to take over the task????!!!

02:32 PM Mar 21 2010 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

I wanna see the website

10:34 PM Mar 21 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

:S

11:48 PM Mar 22 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

I've heard about the video game marriage thing but the pillow marriage is way bizarre. Hey, I wouldn't mind a Sephiroth myself xD

04:36 AM Mar 23 2010 |

devindernagpal

India

We consider our partner as a 'pillow' ,

or

try to make our partner to behave like a pillow,

when we give more importance to save marraige than love among the couple.

In actual life there are moments of love,one may be in love for a few moments or may not be in others. but marraige don't recognise such relaation, it want permanent love.So all of us become hypocrites & save marraige than love.

02:35 AM Mar 25 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

but the robot will never reach its maker, human, even in fiction movies!!!

Really ? I guess you haven't seen Matrix and Terminator. oh I forgot you don't watch western movies because they are made by Jews. 

btw, u follow up my topics WOW!!...that is out of ur self or they ask u to take over the task????!!!

some one has to do the dirty job of cleaning!!

07:15 PM Mar 27 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@Dev 

try to make our partner to behave like a pillow

very well Said Dev. But many  Intellectually Bankrupt people here may not understand what you have said. 

07:18 PM Mar 27 2010 |