Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Would you like to write down some books you like here?

Gucci Yeung

China

Yea I’m a bookworm, I love reading. These are some books I like: The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Milan Kundera), My Name is Red (Orhan Pamuk), One Hundred Years of Solitude (Garcia Marquez), Le Città invisibili (Italo Calvino), and so on.
And I’m reading James Joyce’s A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, it’s good.
Would you like to share your favourite books with me?

12:06 PM Mar 31 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Gucci Yeung

China

I think most people liked Micky Mouse and Donald Duck when they were young. This cartoon was with us during our childhood, and so were Garfiel, Tom and Jerry, Doraemon and so on. Very fantastic.
Thanks for recommending kokoboko. I’ve read Gone with the Wind a few years ago, an excellent novel. I’ve read a part of Dale Carnegie’s works too, honestly they are too boring for me :-P

12:49 AM Apr 03 2010 |

O$@M@

O$@M@

Saudi Arabia

Quran :)

05:53 AM Apr 03 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

Quran? good…

08:35 AM Apr 04 2010 |

O$@M@

O$@M@

Saudi Arabia

well.. if you have no idea about this book.. you can google it and read about the Scientific Miracles of it… :)

Adios

05:57 PM Apr 04 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

To tell the truth, I’ve never thought of reading this book before, but now maybe I’ll have a try ;-)

04:29 PM Apr 05 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

Hi Raskol, you are not the first one who recommended me to read Thus Spoke Zarathustra, about one year ago my friend told me that it was a good book, but I forgot to try it, now I won’t miss it again ;-) thanks. The Kite Runner is really impressive, I’ve read this book and watched the movie as well.
And hello saadlam, of all the writers you mentioned I like Zola best. You should read Garcia Marquez’s works, they are pretty good. I read most in Chinese, Sometimes in ancient Chinese and English(I’m not so good at them). I had tried to learn French by myself cause I like French literature, but did not succeed. It is really hard to learn it without teachers.

03:50 PM Apr 12 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

Hello Dannyhiga. Yes, I’ve finished reading A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and I’m sure it s a good book. So, what do you think of Marquez? He s one of my favourite writers. I ve read The Phantom of the Opera too, many many years ago when I was a little girl, it did not leave a strong impression on me. I haven t read any of John Steinberk s works, are they really that good?
Hello saadlam. I ve read two of Zola’s books, Nana and an other one that I don t know its name in English. I think there isn’t a French learning center in my town. Yes I ve read some short novels and essays by Yasunari, but I haven’t read his famous book The Izu Dancer. And I’ve read Yukio’s Confessions of a Mark, it doesn t suit my taste. As for Chinese writers, I recommend you to read Qian Zhongshu’s works, his Fortress Besieged is really good.
The latest book I read is Etoile errante, written by French writer Le Clezio, strongly recommend it to you all, it’s the best book I’ve read this year.

04:44 AM Apr 13 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

Nice talking with you too, saadlam. I’ve never read Kanafani’s works, maybe it’s not easy to find his books in China. I know August Strindberg, I want to read his The Red Room(I don’t know whether I’m right, it’s just the meaning, maybe you can tell me the right one :P) for long. And of course I’ve read Gibran’s works, but not completely, just some small essays. he is so famous all around the world. As for Le Clezio, strongly recommend you to read his book, I’ve read three of his books, I love all!!
And, do you have ever heard the GFW? It is a network system in China that make us not able to visit Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and some other websites. It’s a big pity ;
(

04:24 PM Apr 14 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

Yes, most of the best websites can’t be visited in China, that’s very ironic. But they let use msn, I think it’s because msn is not so popular in China :D
Oh, right, it’s Roda rummet, I want to read this book for long. I haven’t read Oscar Wilde’s book yet, but I will have a try :
) And, have you ever read Indian poet Tagore’s works?

12:56 AM Apr 16 2010 |

Tsaokuohua

China

I hope I can write a book, bot I can not!

11:04 AM Apr 16 2010 |