Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do drug smugglers deserve death penalty?

Asian man

Asian man

China

Four Japanese was accused of smuglling  2.5kg crystal methamphetamine to Japan and sentenced to death penalty by Chinese court.They will be executed before long. Do you think they deserve that ,welcome Japanese friends to talk about this.

03:05 AM Apr 03 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Chinese court was the one who sentenced them?

08:10 AM Apr 03 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

If it were true, Chinese drug dealers who supply them with drugs deserve a taste of death also..

Japanese in general are responsible and highly disciplined people.. They will commit hara-kiri if they know they have been embarrassment to nature and have caused disgrace to their society..

08:19 AM Apr 03 2010 |

Asian man

Asian man

China

As far as I know ,that Chinese drug dealer has been executed. The four of them were arrested in shanghai airport,then sentenced by Chinese court .Should they pay what they have done with their lives ? Is there any arguments for and against that?

09:21 AM Apr 03 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

well…the law is the law, and if someone has broken some laws… he must afront his penalty. I don't know about chinese laws but I would like to think that they had a fair trial according to the chinese rules.
Where I live we don't have death penalty. Death penalty was abolished in Spain in 1978 nevertheless there was a death penalty just for soldiers in "war times" in case of "big treason" or war crimes. That was abolished in 1995. In current days some people claim for death penalty just for terrorism cases. That has been studied a lot by our government and a lot of studies about death penalty say the same: death penalty don't reduces crime. For exemple, there are more or the same crime in countries where there are a death penalty than in countries where death penalty doesn't exists. 
I think that death penalty doesn't reduce crime and I think that is better prevent with the education of values and respect. I beleive that me and most people would kill the abusator of their daughters if they can…and some people deserve the death but I doesn't mean that we want to have a law wich can kill a innocent person because sometimes judges are wrong, and a innocent life has much value. 
regards asianman  :D

10:29 PM Apr 03 2010 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

personally i don't think drug smuglers deserve death penalty because a human life has its value and it needs to be overlooked. i'm not saying they shouldn't be punished but i don't know maybe they should put them in jail for the rest of their lives.. maybe?? or something like that. 

anyway, anything suitable but death..

12:04 AM Apr 04 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Even the very bad people will never deserve to be their lives taken as a punishment..

04:22 AM Apr 04 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I think the argument can be made in favour of this penalty.

Drugs ruin people's lives. They spread corruption and evil with the black market. 

Dealers and traffickers are allowing this to happen. A country should be well in its right to defend itself from this garbage and discourage drugs from entering.

06:25 AM Apr 04 2010 |