Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is your favourite word or phrase?

SnoopY

SnoopY

South Korea

smlie)

09:11 AM Jun 21 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Bo-Gaber

Bo-Gaber

Saudi Arabia

My favourite phrase which I feel that the life’s supported with is “Don’t put off things that have to be done this day until tomorrow”.
thank you …

08:21 AM Jun 25 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

My country also has a phrase like this.:)))

01:46 PM Jun 25 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

Ranbindranath Tagore and Friedrich Nietzche who I read their phrase for many years ago.I like many phrases they wrote.now I am think of a phrase from Tagore but I don`t know how to translate in the best way.because I have read Nietzche in tradsitional chinese and simple chinese.but it bring me different feeling.

I try a bit "You see a wrong world but you say it cheating you".

when I read at first time.I was much moved by it.but now I can not feel it.so Do you believe it exist in your mind?why It touched my heart even you have not got the content?why I can not write a beautiful phrasenow.just some shit?so there are many people analysis poem phrase.it`s funny is not it?

07:01 AM Jun 26 2007 |

Michellita

Michellita

Brazil

My favorite is one that I wrote some time ago on my MSN personal message. I don't know if I heard someone saying that, if I read it anywhere or if it just came out of my mind, but it really expresses what I feel sometimes… Ok, here it goes:

"NOTHING IS FAIR IN AN UNFAIR WORLD

That's it folks! 

02:28 AM Jun 27 2007 |

Blackjasmine

China

'非澹泊无以明志 非宁静无以致远'

i love it best.but i really don't know how to translate it in a perfect way…can somebody give me a hand?

09:06 AM Jul 01 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

We can not see our aspiration If we are after fame and gain.We can reach my goal if we can not be calm?

anyway,I forgot an english phrase about seeking for fame,I had  read it the day before yesterday.

09:35 PM Jul 01 2007 |

刘月诗

China

My favourite sentence  is :Words can't bring you down,what you belive is true.

The sentence comes from two of my favourite English songs,and I join them together.I think life doesn't always go my own way,I just have to be strong ,never lose my passion for dreams.no matter what they say,no matter what they tell us,I don't care.

09:34 AM Jul 03 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

i found mine.. hmm :

cats have 7 lives and humans have one keep on messing with me and youll have none

10:49 AM Jul 03 2007 |

Yunie75

Yunie75

France

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed. I've always loved that one.

12:09 PM Jul 03 2007 |

willy-xie

willy-xie

China

smile

i like this word smile very much .  If you are not beautifull ,you should make you own many knowledge. If you havenot many knowledge ,you will make yourself to smile more. only  do that can make you are better.

01:47 AM Jul 04 2007 |