Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How important is a woman's beauty?

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

A lot of people think that it’s unfair that looks are so important for a girl’s life. Our society tells us over and over that beautiful girls have it easy. They can choose what kind of guy they want, get money easily, and live without too much work. What do you think about this? Should girls focus on trying to look beautiful all the time?
Check out my free Listening Lessons

10:57 AM Jul 11 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

CaNdle Light

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

All women are beautiful but each has her own specail beauty as Ryo said but girls should try to keep their beauty by taking care of their skin,hair.body..etc but the most imp thing is to keep the beauty of her soul because if anyone is beautiful within herself this for sure will reflect on her face more beauty….

11:23 AM Jul 11 2010 |

alLblue

alLblue

China

lol very important! significantly important, but girls who are not so beautiful can be cute too, beauty doesn't represent anything 

11:30 AM Jul 11 2010 |

blouz

blouz

France

if we have much money, we have all the beautiful women!! the money rules the world. but if you are beautiful boy, you are all the women that you want

12:20 PM Jul 11 2010 |

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

Interesting comment.  Who else thinks "beautiful women are often very intelligent".  Of course some are both beautiful and intelligent, but I think that is the minority.  I guess that many beautiful women have an easy life so they feel unmotivated to put an effort into their education.  This is a generalization of course.  What do others think about this?<!-Session data-><!-Session data->

01:08 PM Jul 11 2010 |

fathma

fathma

Taiwan

I believe that all girls are beautiful or not beautiful as well. Because every one has their characteristics and different tests of their own.  It's even hard for me to tell what is so-called beautiful.

02:11 PM Jul 11 2010 |

Joanne-gu

Joanne-gu

China

I don't think that is very important, but I believe that a woman has an inherent love of beauty.I am not a beautiful girl,most of my friends are very beautiful,and all of them are working hard for their living.

Forgive my poor English!

01:12 PM Jul 13 2010 |

The sweet

The sweet

Russian Federation

As far as I understand it our society make us believe that we must be beautiful if we want to be successful. In this case beauty seems like a good thing, a mean for achieving a goal. We look on ourselves like on the goods in the market.  Indeed it’s unfairly.  But it depends on the girl how high evaluation she gives to her appearance. I think if a girl exaggerates the importance of her appearance in her life she unlikely will have good results.

06:48 PM Jul 13 2010 |

Yuli^ ^

Yuli^ ^

Peru

I think "The beauty is on the eye of the beholder"

10:44 PM Jul 13 2010 |