Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Tell me some about Chile, thanks.

pandorabottle

Taiwan

Hello, everyone !

I have a friend who is going to studying in Chile for a semester. However, she just know few about Chile. Does anyone here can give some information about the Culture, Customslife , and so on for her ?  Such as something that she must notice when she is in Chile.

She is major in the business and Spanish , so maybe the problems of language is ok for her  or   she just need some time to get with there. 

I prefer to see the people who is living in Chile now to leave message here. Besides, you can also leave  msn address to be a chance of friends. :)

P.S   We live in Taiwan in the Northern Hemisphere while Chile is in the Southern Hemisphere. I believe the Weather must be the first one totally different from here,right? ...@@

Anyway, welcome to tell us some about Chile, thanks a lot. ;)  

03:12 AM Jul 26 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Hi dear Pandora. It's been a long time I dont see you  around. How have you been?

About Chile I've got something very clear: They are really good at medicine :) 

03:31 AM Jul 26 2010 |

pandorabottle

Taiwan

To Whitney: Yeah, I have been long time disconnected with here. :P  Thanks for your concerns and the information of Chile.  Eeverything is ok so far, and you?  It a pity that the time zone is  really a big problem for us, so we can't meet each other more times on msn.:(    Maybe we can chat with each other on msn recently ? ;)

To Julissita :  Thanks for your concerns. I hope can get more information on here ,too. And maybe this is also a chance for everyone to know more about Chile, right? :D

03:13 AM Jul 27 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Chile is very nice, and quite modern.  It developed almost like an island, to the north is a big desert, and the border with Argentina is the big Andes Mountains, so before planes it was quite hard to get there.  

05:11 AM Jul 27 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Big mountains, modern country, hard working people, democracy and freedom amog the best in latin America.

It developed almost like an island, to the north is a big desert, and the border with Argentina is the big Andes Mountains, so before planes it was quite hard to get there.  

I'm sorry to tell you are wrong, they ain't developed like an island, and they have had serious problems with their neighbours, Argentina and Peru 

06:57 PM Jul 27 2010 |