Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Is there real friendship between man and woman?

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Any idea?

05:06 AM Jun 28 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

nope

06:00 AM Jun 28 2007 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Then is it impossible for a man and woman just go out for dinner, chatting, but not having sex?

06:23 AM Jun 28 2007 |

srimathi

India

right….. i accept with you pollyman90

08:50 AM Jun 28 2007 |

usako

usako

China

i really believe there is but it seldom appears

10:37 AM Jun 28 2007 |

Mr.Floppy

Mr.Floppy

Germany

It's possible to go out have a nice time and NO sex … but society will always treat you like a couple or like persons with a sexual relationship. 

And that's the real problem. As long as none of the friends has a partner it is possible. As soon as one of them has a partner the relationship between the both friends will suffer. 

In most of all cases I think ;)

A few people are tolerant enough to accept that there partner has a very good friend of an opposite sex. 

11:06 AM Jun 28 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

yeah i think it is possible for a gay guy and a gall looooooooooooool but no serious it is possible ..

02:09 PM Jun 28 2007 |

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

ofcourse if all of you can find some case but let talk in general. Because we know everything can be possible.

03:37 PM Jun 28 2007 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

I have the feeling that if you two have arrived at the friends zone, then it's impossible for both of you to become lovers.

Like that TV series "Friends", you know, Ross and Rachel. At the beginning, Rachel looked Ross as one of her friends, then it's hard for her to accept Ross as her boyfriend.

Is it true?

01:07 AM Jun 29 2007 |

Michellita

Michellita

Brazil

Well… That's a good question. You know, when I was younger I had a friend, His name is Leonardo. We were very, very close, and we felt comfortable to talk about anything with each other. Our friendship was very strong, and we were together all the time but unfortunately he got confused and started to love me not only as friend but also as a woman. He wanted to date me but I didn't think it was the right thing to do, I saw him as a brother that I didn't have. He felt really disappointed and we parted. Of course I suffered a little bit, he was my best friend! But I couldn't go on a relationship like that! Some time later we talked and we decided to keep on being good friends but many things have changed from that time on.

I really thought we could be just friends, but I was wrong :(

02:42 AM Jun 29 2007 |

sszhou

sszhou

China

Of cause, I believev man and woman have real friendship.
But I think both of them should know the base line—just friend.
I have a very good female friend. I treat she as my sister. And she treat me as her brother. We start this relationship more than 10 years ago.

05:01 AM Jun 29 2007 |