Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What's the meaning of your name and why did your parents named you with it?

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

My Parents named me Whitney because they admired Whitney Houston very much and also  because  It was the name of Mr Nelson Mandela's wife, though her name is supossed to be written as ''Winnie'' instead of ''Whitney, but in spanish, both have a similar pronunciation.

06:19 AM Jul 29 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I almost couldnt find the meaning of my name. Now I know it means ''White Island'' lol!! 

Now I think that my real name should be ''Blackney'' or ''Chocolateney'' That would be so cool!! :D

06:23 AM Jul 29 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

i dont know whats mean my name  my teacher says its  mean breast but ur story is smmler to mine  my father chose to me  because  some girls i think i will choes my name  by myslfe There has been an argument between my father, my mother for who will choese

06:29 AM Jul 29 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

sound rarly name

07:06 AM Jul 29 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

great  name

07:40 AM Jul 29 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Hehehe!! Great!!

I love your answers!! Does anyone here consider that the meaning of their name and their personalities match? 

08:52 AM Jul 29 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

fati2020

fatima has great mean such search if u won't find it i'll tell u the mean ;)

09:05 AM Jul 29 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

My name's Mostafa it's common arabic name as it was mentioned in Quran as a verb and it's on of our prophet's names.

it means the chosen by god and the person who named is the docotor as he wasn't have childern and my mom needed to make him happy so named me with his name :)

09:10 AM Jul 29 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

dear faith

how r u?

i agree with u that ur name is very suitable for u ;)

09:14 AM Jul 29 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

yeah

we (muslims)believe that our names and ages and fates have been writen before the creation of the earth.

09:59 AM Jul 29 2010 |

Hedge

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

My name is Arash and I don’t know its meaning but It’s the name of a legendary archer in one of the old Persian legend and my sister named me so, I’m happy with it now after that I realized other suggested names for me.

10:19 AM Jul 29 2010 |