Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

question

hala1

hala1

Morocco

Hello,

what do you do when you are studing something that you don't like at all, subjects that you really hate, but unfortunately you canno't quit ?

11:40 PM Aug 17 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

dont study  it and change  the  thing  to somthing  connecting with me 

11:45 PM Aug 17 2010 |

miss blue

miss blue

Jordan

mm actually i faced this problem but i studied these subjects as well as i could because i need marks 

i tried to repeat them more than other subjects that i like  

this helped me to improve my skills in them

it works with me =) 

11:59 PM Aug 17 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

if its  schoole  then we are forced to study it

if  i didnt  like them i will not study it

but maybe just  in exam

if uni then  you must to change it  to somting you like

12:02 AM Aug 18 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

If you really can't quit, try to 

1  Take pride in a job well done

2  Look for another option, plan ahead

3  Try to get some hobbies, like dancing or sports or whatever you like.

03:21 AM Aug 18 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

I used to met the same problem as you do. I hated Geography. And Politics was my enemy. I couldn't learn these two subjects well and sometimes even failed ;-( But I finally realized that I need to change my attitude or I wouldn't get a good grade. Afterwards I regarded them as a necessary challenge in my studying instead of something I dislike, and worked harder with them. I started to improve, every little progress inspired me. At the same time, I gradually found more interesting things during the boring study. Now I've made a big progress, I often get the highest geography/politics score in my class. Hope you can soon solve it too :)

05:36 AM Aug 18 2010 |

sally sunflower

China

I dont like physics and chemistry,they are too difficult.But, to be a student in china,its MY duty to learn them well. Although they are awful>w<

and I just relax myself,hmm..i prefer to listen to music or take a walk for a while..in order to calm down

After that Tongue outI just convince myself to like them… and try my best to learn them well 

GOOD LUCK~~ Smile

06:53 AM Aug 18 2010 |

^_^yan

^_^yan

China

Ahhhh~if you can not change this situation , the only thing you can do is try to falling in love with it , good luck to you .

12:44 AM Aug 19 2010 |

-=SyberiA=-

Russian Federation

As for me, I try to motivate myself in smth I don't like and imagine myself as a teacher who stays in the class and has to talk about history (for example). And I understand that I don't know anything!!! It's awful to feel myself silly and I begin to study :)

10:56 AM Aug 19 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

syberia  make me remeber things 

yes  there  people dont  like  somthing they think its  hard or  they dont undsrtand 

i dont like some subgct because i feel it stupid  boring  not intrsating 

if you dont like  subject  because you JUST you dont undstand  

i think  thats  not cause 

03:58 PM Aug 19 2010 |

james root

james root

Mexico

ehhehe you know i hate mathematics is my naightmare, i don't know how could i pass my examsss jejejejje

07:50 PM Aug 19 2010 |