Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What would you do if your parents refuse that you get married with the man/woman you are in love with ?

born2loveAllah

Algeria

Peace and love to all of you !

I hope you are doing well today

I want to know what would be your reaction if your parents refused that you get married with the man/woman you are in love with .

best regards ! 

11:10 AM Sep 16 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

I will accept it and I'll never hesitate telling them "I will never forgive you if I really trust that guy" so they live with guilt <.<

parents have no right to prevent the marriage unless there is something really serious about it. <.<

and there is an easier solution which is seeking help form the other relatives parent's friends or any religeious man…,,,

personally I will never go against my parents for any guy in the world and I knew my parents want the best for me.

12:08 AM Sep 17 2010 |

born2loveAllah

Algeria

Peace and love to all of you

Brother Hossam , I like your way of thinking and  fully agree with you .

It's normal that our points of view may differ , because we are from different backgrounds , cultures , religion .

As far as I am concerned  I will never disobey Allah by disobeying my parents  at all costs .

I wouyld be able to find another man and may love him but I will never be able to have other parents  .

I love you my parents .

I trust them because they have always did they best to make me happy and to afford my needs .

Best regards to all of you  

12:39 PM Sep 17 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

Born2love allah

:) I see,you're so satisfied and happy with your life like this,This is what all humanbeings seek,hapinness and indsider peace,as long as you find it in obeing your parents,that means that Allad will never disapoint you,Allah is all merciful,just trust him,he will never bring what harms you :)

04:49 PM Sep 17 2010 |

yasmeenee

yasmeenee

Saudi Arabia

I think I have what to say as I was in same situation. yes I didn't married the one I loved cus may parents didn't like him, and really I knew after time it was good to listen to them. In the other hand when I married the person who they liked that wasn't better to. So I m not saying to disagree with parents not to full agreement one can try hard but yes in the end for me I couldn't be against them :)

06:23 PM Sep 17 2010 |

born2loveAllah

Algeria

Brother Hossam thanks a lot for your supportive words

May Allah bless you brother

I can say that you are wise beyond your years …congratulations

08:03 PM Sep 17 2010 |

fiona-cq

fiona-cq

China

If they have some real points,maybe I will listen to my parents as I love them so much,I do not want to do anything to upset them;Maybe when people in love,they think love is everything,love is the world to them,they can lose everything but her/his love,but in actual life,love is not everything;

01:45 AM Sep 21 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

fiona-cq

I agree :)

I think one must be thinkful especially for such matters,

If parests were copletely wrong in their judge about the person,then it's necessary to ty the best to convince them,maybe even by presenting the person to talk to them .

Eventually if they refuse in anyway,I think my father and mother who gave me life and sat up the night when I'm sick,and made me as good adult as I'm now are more likely to follow than the person who I've just known him and who knows if he will be good in the futue or he will turn around like the most of nowadays weddings !

Paents ae the most precious thing in this life,so I think one should not replace them by any other thing,when you understand this fact :) you'll just be satisfied completely with what you destiny is ;)

05:30 PM Sep 21 2010 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

I think it depends on your relation with your parents.

12:14 PM Sep 23 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Oh, Faith… OMG! It's an awful story about that poor girl. Indeed, I will never understand such rules and laws and policy, it's beyond my mentality. How do they dare?

05:45 AM Sep 28 2010 |