Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ebook VS Paper book :)

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

What do you think is better for reading an ebook or a traditional paper book,and what do you see as differences between them ?

09:06 PM Oct 01 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Scedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

CLAPS…!!! you took it wright out of my mouth…I'll add nothing ;) similar feeling identical thoughts ;D ITS JUST AS IF WE TALKED ABOUT THAT BEFORE…;)

09:43 PM Oct 01 2010 |

monkey743

monkey743

Brazil

Hossam_bounab

u didnt know the differences between them?? :D

12:45 AM Oct 02 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Anything free is having no psychological value even how precious it might be,  after downloading e-book for free and reading few sentences are enough to make it useless, while we pay for Paper books and feel the tangible asset in our hands. Every page we move through our fingers, feel like a character in a book. We have more freedom to use it anywhere and anytime.

I can't read serious kind of reading from e-books, for light and funny material I prefer e-books more. 

Not a bad idea to have both; a copy of paper-book and a copy of e-book. Sometimes we can save important references from e-books for research work which definitely save time spend on rewriting. 

08:23 AM Oct 02 2010 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

~~  nowadays all the backsets of e-books have been overcome by e-paperbook.I bought an e-paperbook(Hanvon) which can donwload  books musics and news from internet.

12:52 PM Oct 02 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

Saladeen

I think the value of a paper book is more than ebooks as u said,because not only the price of the ebook,but because the paper book is something concret that we can touch and deal with,that's why it seems more preferable than pbooks ;)

ophilia

I wonder if they can one day make only a USB inside every human brain then just trasfer data and books and even internet directly to the Mind XD lol

09:26 PM Oct 02 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

For me ,reading ebooks causes strain on the eyes. I spend over 9 hours per day in front of the computer at work , at home there is no way I am going to use any kind of computers. 

Also, what Saladeen said makes sense.  Free things, at least in case of books doesn't hold much psychological value 

06:48 AM Oct 03 2010 |

Untoro

Indonesia

I prefer reading e-book to paperbook , why ?

You dont have to spend much money to buy an e-book. with low cost,you still can get same contents with paperbook.But if I want to buy a book for a collection, I will buy a paper book.

But we know together that the radiation emitted from monitor to our health.But we can minimalize that effects. 

10:32 AM Oct 03 2010 |

Tsaokuohua

China

If your read not is more, I think you use the traditional paper book.

04:07 AM Mar 05 2011 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

But reading for pleasure is better with p_book :)

07:55 PM Mar 09 2011 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

?!!!

08:13 PM Mar 10 2011 |