Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

In it's era

jucoba

jucoba

Indonesia

On their age , one powerful man can stand and say: I am god, then the peoples obey him.

And in our era, one powerful man can stand and say : I am god, then what people's do ?

04:34 AM Nov 25 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

samortan

United States

they will beat him up ! lolz.

12:03 PM Nov 25 2010 |

leo_tsubaki

China

In spite of this guy is bad or not,people will believe wii obey nobody but themselves.

02:16 PM Nov 25 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

On their age , one powerful man can stand and say: I am prophet of God

And in our era, one powerful man can stand and say : I prophet, then what people's do ?

04:11 PM Nov 25 2010 |

BittersweeT

Germany

i think if a people beleive in God deeply they will not beleive the person like powerful god

01:03 PM Dec 08 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

There are still notions of people-as-Gods in religions today.  As one example, the Dalai Lama is held by Tibetan Buddhists to be an incarnation of the God of Compassion Avalokitesvara.  There are, in Mahayana Buddhist thought, many bodhisattvas around, many of whom are descended of deities.  

Of course, these are deities with a pretty different conception than an Abrahamic creator deity, almost all forms of Buddhism explicitly reject the existence of an omnipotent creator deity.  Buddhists do usually accept the notion of beings in higher planes of existence, but they are still stuck in samsara and are not particularly wiser than us; indeed, a Buddha can be called a teacher of men and gods.  

04:09 AM Dec 09 2010 |