Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

doha-e-b

doha-e-b

Israel

taking over europeSurprised are you kidding me who told you so, we have 24 countries so why taking over europe, if it's because what in the article we are not moving in to europe or accupating it it's  people who convert to islam(because islam welcome any one to be amuslime) and muslim people get married and have children in ayoung age but european don't do that

10:21 AM Jan 14 2011 |

saraparsi

saraparsi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Because Islam wants the world to be full of peace.And who said that Muslims get married at early age?

So I recommend you to search about Islam.In a world full of peace there will be no war!

03:03 PM Jan 14 2011 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

saraparsi

Every religion seeks for peace!

It's only the fanatics who ignore this: In Islam these are Al Quaida and other terrorists-anyway sure only a few Muslims. In Christianity you'll find fanatism in the crusades and the burning of witches that took place centuries ago, but also today there are Christians who behave intolerant (and thus sometimes even violent) towards every non-Christian. Last but not least you'll find fanatic people like that in Judaism too.

doha-e-b

Yes, Islam welcomes everybody to join it, but so do most other religions. Other than that you may be right: In Islamic countries religion plays a more important role than in Europe and thus most people there get married earlier to have children only with their husband/wife. However Europe also has its positive parts; e.g. that we don't have such a high population as in developing countries, since-as you said-most of us don't found a family that early.

04:44 PM Jan 14 2011 |

doha-e-b

doha-e-b

Israel

saraparsi I am amuslim so i don't have to searchWink I am sorry I mean most muslims get married at early age not all of them

04:48 PM Jan 14 2011 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Why if islam is the religion is of peace, muslim countries are the least peaceful countries?

05:23 PM Jan 14 2011 |

doha-e-b

doha-e-b

Israel

you mean the war in iraq it's america who started the war not the iraqi soldiers who went to america and started the war, afaganistan… also they are not the ones who went to america and started the war and alqaida doesn't present islam and they will never, palestine the jowish people who came to our peacefull contry our beloved palestine and accupated it, and you sea it's not right to say that muslim countries are the least peaceful countries, it's the most accupated countries.

05:47 PM Jan 14 2011 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Look at other indexes, such as global peace:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index

muslim countries appear in the botton

or freedom in the world..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World_(report) 

08:42 PM Jan 14 2011 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Thank you all for the replies! :)

06:27 AM Jan 15 2011 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

''Little knowledge is a dangerous thing,'' so its better not to talk about such sensitive issue

I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean that, I just wondered to know more opinions and have a less "little knowledge", as you say.

@arabhamid

I don't agree with something you said.

I don't think that Islam is the basis of Europe, not even of Spain! Nowadays Europeans  have little related to Islam and muslim societies.

06:34 AM Jan 15 2011 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

I generally agree with Pieter, maybe because I'm from a western-europeanised country, but I understand his position.

Anyway I strongly believe both occupations and terrorism should end as soon as possible, and muslims who emigrate to Europe should assimilate and respect European culture, as well as Europeans who migrate to muslim countries should assimilate and respect muslim culture, and unfortunately that doesn't happen. 

For me it is very depressing and upsetting to see a woman wearing muslim clothes and covering her hair, as well as for you it is very depressing and upsetting to see a woman in bikini. So if I travel to a muslim country I will dress with moderation, but if muslim travel to our countries they should wear the local clothes, too, and i don't mean they should wear bikini, but they shouldn't cover themselves, because it is nasty for us, for our values. I hope you can understand it is a different culture, and respect it.

06:41 AM Jan 15 2011 |