Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do you think about today's society??

Serendipity

Hong Kong

To be honest, i really hate today's society!

everyone in the world has been cheating on each other. from my everyday experience and observation, i can see that the society sucks so much because it's full of selfish, self-centered, inconsiderate people or workaholic…i know it's all about getting money, but having said that why many people can be like that?

Peolpe are always very complex, in fact i don't trust anyone expect for my parents, but im just a regular guy, nothing i can do, one thing i can do is that spend most of my time alone and occasionally socialize. Sometimes i dont know how to express myself, i just feel like i only pretend because i need connection, for the ease of social fitting in…i pretend (we pretend)...

but i still dont get it, many people takes advantage of other people,,they use other people as a means to accomplish their desires. why are they like that?
><sorry for so long ''bullshit'' text, but i keep asking myself how can i handle this society,
my only hope is that society with on war, no violence, no cheating, people care about each other…...

Anyway, everything in the world is just camouflage, my good memory is my weakness, what you see might not be the truth. As for the truth you are not fortunate enough to see.

04:33 PM Feb 15 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Tsaokuohua

China

As same as you, I think it.

But I think the foreign is better than here.

11:14 AM Feb 25 2011 |

doogs

Canada

brother love,
ive been thinking about society for far too long and my discontentment with it.  i find it hard to be a part of in a lot of senses, due to the value system in which my society chooses to adopt. materialism, capitalism…competitive nature… you name it.  when its all said and done, none of that matters. these things don't mean anything. 

the world is changing… more people are starting to feel that theres a higher purpose to this life.  we're beginning to see its not what our governments and the media are telling us whats important… but what lies in our hearts.

better times are to come.  for the moment, do what makes you happy.  find people that put a smile on your face. live. give. love. and laugh.  thats your duty.  once you accept that, society starts looking a lot brighter!

03:21 PM Feb 27 2011 |

doogs

Canada

you're right.  it starts with the individual.  then it spreads to their group of friends… then to the community.  the communities together make up society.  thus…  its up to each and every one of us to be the start of the new world.

be the change you want to see.  – ghandi

07:15 PM Feb 27 2011 |

doogs

Canada

you've one life.  its those who accept status quo as their life who become unhappy.  challenge yourself, change yourself.  happiness isn't that hard to achieve if you really focus on what it is that makes you happy- family, friends, conversation.  things that bring happiness are free.  its when money gets in the way that people aren't satisfied.  they crave more and never find their true happiness.  in the end, its you that is responsible for you're own destiny and happiness.  don't put it on "growing up". 

time is irreversible.  but when its all said and done, you can't change the past you can only learn from it.  you also don't know the future, but you can prepare for it.  live in the moment—moment to moment.  that way, you'll never have any regrets.

10:16 PM Feb 27 2011 |

Chung21

United States

If you expect to be happy with your money, you need to realize that it is not cash that will make you happy. It is only your enthusiasm, pass4sure HP0-D08 your energy, your hope, as well as your love that will truly satisfy you. You want to live your life with a certain level of power and control, pass4sure HP2-Z17 with real passion, as well as from this energy cash will flow to you. It is vital not to watch cash as the key to your happiness, pass4sure PMI-002 but as a side-effect of your happiness.

07:54 AM Jul 15 2011 |

DR N VACHASPATI

United States

is really nice that has been expressed viws above by few friends… all in think nothing is certain nd fix in life. we all are just predicting the world with our tiny brain that has very little imformation about world.. but its good that a few friends are thinking about world.. otherwise most of people dont have thought beyond their physically requirments.. we all friends shoud creat a forum there we could express our views regarding world and life.. vedic000 at the rate of yahoodotcom

03:09 AM Mar 26 2012 |

Serendipity

Hong Kong

why would i care? i know that many times many things have nothing to do with me,,in fact,,i think it’s not about make sense or not make sense…

i just want people can think about that way sometime,,,but i know that they dont wanna hear that,,and say ive to work, i dont have any fxxking time to talk about this shit….i remember my friend said that ’’life is short, dont think this’’, i said ’’life is short, should think this’’,,perhaps you think im weird^

as DR N VACHA SPATI mentioned that we all have tiny brain,, that’s the point, my thought is we all dont think about the new mind,,we all have tiny brain forever..maybe you say that’s life, cant control, i dont wanna control,,want change our mindset~

haha,,whining enough,,back to so-called’‘real life’’ anyway i eventually will sleep in a coffin^

02:57 PM Mar 26 2012 |

Serendipity

Hong Kong

hi ryo

dont mind,,my english is not too good either. i know im not the only one think like this way,,and im not emphasis what i’m thinking,,,i just wanna share my feeling and meantime i can practice my english^’ i dont know whether or not you guys understand what im talk about, i try to share^’’

in a word, some lyrics from Honesty Billy Joel can explain my kinda thought ’’Honesty is such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue,honesty is hardly ever heard~everyone is built on lies….eventually died on lies.

01:50 PM Mar 27 2012 |

pdfdumps

United States

it is a set of very essential questions that possibly to be set in your real exam. this is called Cisco 350-080 braindumps. in many respects, 350-080 Cisco professional dumps are the essence of certification contents. <a href=”http://pdfdumps.us/exam/350-080.html”>Pass4sure 350-080 cisco exam dumps </a>

11:17 AM Dec 23 2016 |