Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

2008 CHINA WAITING FOR YOU COMING

blackshow

blackshow

China

i think english is more and more important in China.  2008 THE OLYPIC GAMES will be hold in BEJING. being a chinese .i can not stand my poor english.

11:08 AM Aug 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Echo Wang

Echo Wang

China

Yeah, more and more people learn english, i even don't know why i learn english. But it's ture that, i got this job because i know english. (my English, not very good, but not bad.). We are forced to learn English. And i think the Chinese educational system is not faultless, cause we, Chineses must learn our motherlanguage first. And learn it well. 

03:19 AM Aug 13 2007 |

mygreentree

China

I think it`s not bad to add another language.maybe that is helpful for thinking.

exactly!

03:31 AM Aug 13 2007 |

danny_lary

danny_lary

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

In France, it can help you to find a job in an international company if you can get by in Chinese (more than a english knowledge)

01:06 PM Aug 16 2007 |

blackshow

blackshow

China

yap yap…(_)

i like all like Chinese people…

02:53 PM Aug 16 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

yeah,we may choose freely above basic level to learn any language.and about what purpose do you set?I mean traditional chinese insist on ancient style and simple chinese likes vernacular.but that include the thought,actually we can change between traditional chinese and simple chinese.but nowaday,I think it is uncomfortable to speak the classical chinese.a proverb said to practice moral teachings several years for seeking a word.(I forgot the sentence sorry)

04:30 PM Aug 16 2007 |

blackshow

blackshow

China

in fact,i just want to welcome all over the world welcome to china in the 2008 at first.

but now i want to say chinese is important. and i like the people who like chinese.

^_~

03:19 AM Aug 17 2007 |

lu feifei

lu feifei

China

I think it is just a tool for communication. I am an English major, we can know more about the world by using English.

04:53 AM Aug 17 2007 |

FROST-SU

FROST-SU

China

2008 BEIJING OLYMPICS ,IS A HISTORICAL TIME FOR CHINA. WE HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAY FOR A LONG TIME .IT'S AN UNFORGETTERBLE DAY FOR OUR CHINESE PEOPLE. HOWEVER ,WE MUST SHOW THE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD HOW STRONGER WE ARE .

WHILE ,THE REASON WHY SOME OF THE OTHER COUNTRIES PEOPLE HAVE  VARIOUS INTERPRETATIONS ABOUT CHINA ,IS THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW MUCH MORE ABOUT CHINESE CULTUER.

SO ,WE ,CHINESE PEOPLE,CAN USE THE WORD USED WIDEST LANGUAGELET THEM HAVE A GOOD CHANCE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CHINESE , USE SINCERLY VOICE TELL THE WORLD ,''WE ARE STRONGER ,WE 'LL ROCK U !''

THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT ,2008 OLYMPICS IS A ''GREEN  OLYMPINCS ",A "HI-TECH OLYMPICS "AND A "PERSONAL OLYMPICS ".

NERVER FORGET WE ARE CHINESE CITIZEN!

12:42 PM Jul 13 2008 |

water_ice

water_ice

China

I think the chinese is more important.
Some scientists of USA declared using chinese can practise both left-brain and right-brain,but the languages based on letters,like english, can only practise left-brain.
So use chinese as more as possible, you could be more intelligent. _.

02:03 PM Jul 14 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

I don't understand this idea that some Chinese people have that they have to show other countries how strong they are. If you are strong, you do not have to show it. Yao Bing does not tell people, "You know, I am tall." If people have eyes, they can see it.

05:55 AM Jul 15 2008 |