Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Just a thought of a troubled mind _3

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

What Is Hapiness ?!

What’s the measure of hapiness in one’s life ?

Some dudes tell me “we have a real funny happy life, we do whatever we want, we have no borders, we enjoy it to the maximum”

I ask how is that, I’m not happy, and I want to be so !

They say have fun, have a girlfriend, have a drink, have nice car, have large house…have and have and have…etc

In fact I know alot of people who had more than that, but still not finding hapiness ! what’s wrong with those ?!

The matter is they enjoy worldly, or physical hapiness or rather pleasure not hapiness, but they couldn’t achieve spiritual hapiness, the one from inside which makes one’s face shines like a moon.

It is chastity which brings inspiration and hapiness to the heart.

a bottle of Vodka might make you feel you have wings, but it is not permanent hapiness, you wake up and you become more depressed as you find your self did alot of terrible things when you’re blindly drunk.

having a girlfriend might be something so exciting and sweet, but what about society ?! wouldn’t this bring marriage rate to break down and thus family structure to ruin ?! and so moral values to vanish from societies ?

what about having a nice car and large house ?!

That could never be a measure for hapiness, or how could the bird be among the happiest creatures on earth ?! it is a good example that the humans could learn from how to be a family man/woman, how to be faithful, and how to be happy, because although an animal is no more than an animal, henever let’s go of his responsibilities, he is organized, and caring, and even if he is not, he couldn’t be blamed, but he is !!!

While humans who pretend to be civilized make what makes the “animal” if he knows sick from stomach.

Have you ever felt hapiness in not doing something you desire but you know it might not be good ?!

If you ever did, so know that that’s a kind of real hapiness, and another kind is when you do something others don’t cause you know it is right but they prefer to close their eyes, the feeling you have when doing it is real hapiness…

No body can say I’m not happy, because hapiness is made by nature within each human, it’s all a matter of whom would achieve it, and whom would lose it gradually by focusing on superfacial things that vanish by the end of it’s time.

02:45 PM Aug 24 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

You might be interested to read up on Buddhism.

The 4 Noble Truths:

1) Suffering exists. 

2)  The origin of suffering is attachment to desires.

3)  When attachment to desires ends, suffering ends. 

4)  There is a middle path between hedonism and ascetism that leads to freedom from suffering.

The Path is known as the Eightfold Path:

Right Understanding;  Right Intention; Right Speech; Right Action; Right Livlihood; Right Effort; Right Mindlefulness; Right meditation.

Anyway, food for thought. If you are worried about attachments to sex or alcohol or possessions, be careful to also consider your attachments to God, country, family, friends, and the belief in a distinct soul.  How are they different?

09:30 PM Aug 24 2011 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

Radunagi, 

I’m not interested in Budhism, cause I have all what makes me really happy ;)

Thanks anyway for the proposal :)

11:15 PM Aug 24 2011 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

Happiness is a domestic energy
  The art of tasting things around you and your feelings

It’s like sugar in  the mountin   afew peop   find it 

but  when  u find 

doesnt  mean  u are  happy 

Because happiness can be mixed withsadness

It’s the relationship between you and the things quiet   sense of tranquility and love and beauty

11:32 PM Aug 24 2011 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Hossam:

It’s ok!  Just when I read your thing and I saw, freedom from being attached to things like alcohol, big car and house, these are not the things that bring true happiness, I thought, woah, Buddhist! :)

Anyway, I’m glad you are happy! 

02:32 AM Aug 25 2011 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

hhhh…no, I’m Muslim ;)

From the best things in Islam is that it includes all morals from different religions, and it adds more ;)

01:08 PM Aug 25 2011 |