Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

not 'no'

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

Can you think of a question that cannot  be answered with a ‘no’?

08:44 PM Oct 26 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

I think our world is big enough for any question to get replies with ‘no’ as there are many dare to say ‘no’s’ than ‘yes’s’ – without any reason ;)

Ok, let me try …

Do you have parents? (a bit silly question but always get ‘yes’ from a sane person if s/he is not humorist or sarcastical at the same time) Smile

12:10 PM Oct 27 2011 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

Do you love your childern? A perfect example of ‘yes’ question. I can not even think of any represantative af a human race who would answer this question with ‘no’.  

12:21 PM Oct 27 2011 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

Do you have parents?  What if a person is quite sane and lack of sense of humor but simply were raised in an orphanage? ;)

12:25 PM Oct 27 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

I mean prime mover of that person existence. Even if they don’t know (by name and face) but still they have them ;)

12:28 PM Oct 27 2011 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

I mean prime move Haha you are right, in terms of biological parentage everyone has its progenitors…  unless he or she is a result of cloning;)     PS: sorry didn’t mean to dwell on it..

08:34 PM Oct 28 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

:) Uptill now, I only know about Dolly and sheep can’t answer that in ‘no’...well, maybe ‘Baaaaa’ near the green have some possibility :)

Ok, few more questions which can get many ‘Yes’ and maybe few ‘no’s’ as well:

Are humans mortal beings?

Does the sun rises in the east and set in the west?

Does water flows downhill?

10:56 AM Oct 31 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

No, I’m not here … this is a telephone recording :-)

11:02 AM Oct 31 2011 |

MsX

MsX

Russian Federation

Do you love me?

(I feel sorry for a person who dares say NO!) Laughing

11:21 AM Oct 31 2011 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

So, in other words you want to say that you don’t keep any foes – that’s very positive!

But what if one of your sibling teases you with ‘no’? :-)

11:34 AM Oct 31 2011 |

MsX

MsX

Russian Federation

Saladeen, in that case I would say “I don’t care … I don’t love one of my siblings as well!” Wink

11:44 AM Oct 31 2011 |