Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

ebaby and jealousy!

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

What should I do? My friend has joined ebaby recently and has said that she is looking for an 'ideal lover'. We are supposed to be close, as close as can be. I guess we are lovers. She is mad at me for joining Ebaby. She thinks that I am looking for girlfriends or something. So she has put some of her pictures up on Ebaby and for her hobby she has said that she is looking for her 'ideal lover' . What should I do? Ignore her and her Ebaby friends or just forget about her and move on? She has added a whole bunch of guys to her account, and to her msn too. I have only ever tried to help people speak English better. Should I move on or what? I am so confused!!! Thanks for any input anyone has. 

02:22 AM Aug 24 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

You've said all you should need to say. If she doesn't get it, it is not meant to be. Perhaps you enjoy playing this game with her. If you do, then continue. For me, life is short. I'd move on.

08:45 AM Aug 24 2007 |

Lily :)

Lily :)

Russian Federation

As for me, I quite understand her! Because You know that you're just helping people to improve their English, but she doesn't really know what you do here, she is jealous (and I think that if she is jealous she has feelings to you). So she decided to revenge you and make you jealous! But I'm almost sure that she's bluffing! She's not gonna be with those people, I guess! She has done it just to show you that it's not pleasand for one if his lover often talk online with strangers! But in some way I don't understand her, because the main thing in relationship is trust) Of course it's only up to you to decide what to do, I've written just my thoughts, I guess I can't advise you here, because I know very very little about you and your relationships)

Sorry for my poor English) I've really tried to express my thoughts clearly, I hope you understood me

08:56 AM Aug 24 2007 |

oxanna

oxanna

Moldova, Republic Of

i understand your problem but i don't want to loose your help, support in practicing english (don't even think to go away). Concerning your girlfriend — may be you should let her be near you when you write letters and speak with
 ebaby members, in this way she'll understand everything and may be she'll 
even accompany you in this matter.

11:43 AM Aug 24 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Thanks everyone for your answers. I think you are all correct and you seem to have grasped my problem very well. Oxanna I will still be around to help you with your English and your suggestion is very good except my friend lives about 7,000 miles away from me, or 12,000 km something like that. If only she knew how innocent this was, that might make her feel better.

Lily, you made so much sense too! And your English was superb, really very good. I have read and re-read your points and they make so much sense. 

Mikel, thanks for your input. 

02:08 PM Aug 24 2007 |