Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do Muslims believe about Allah

nonaaa-000

nonaaa-000

Saudi Arabia

1. He is the one God, Who has no partner.
2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.
3. He is All-Powerful, absolutely Just.
4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.
5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting; He was when nothing was, and will be when nothing else remains.
6. He is the All-Knowing, and All-Merciful,the Supreme, the Sovereign.
7. It is only He Who is capable of granting life to anything.
8. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon them) to guide all of mankind.
9. He sent Muhammad (pbuh) as the last Prophet and Messenger for all mankind.
10. His book is the Holy Qur'an, the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change.
11. Allah knows what is in our hearts.

These are some of the basic guidelines Muslims follow in their knowledge of God:

1. Eliminate any anthropomorphism (human qualities) from their conception of Allah. His attributes are not like human attributes,despite similar labels or appellations.
2. Have unwavering faith in exactly what Allah and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) described Allah to be, no more, no less.
3. Eradicate any hope or desire of learning or knowing the modality of His names and attributes.
4. Belief totally in all the names and attributes of Allah; one cannot believe in some and disbelieve the others.
5. One cannot accept the names of Allah without their associated attributes, i.e. one cannot say He is Al-Hayy – 'The Living' and then say that He is without life.
6. Similarity in names (or meanings) does not imply similarity in what is being described (referents). As a robotic arm differs from a human arm, so the "hand" of Allah is nothing like a human hand, His speech is nothing like human speech, etc.
7. Certain words are ambiguous or vague in their meanings, and thus may be susceptible to misinterpretation. Only those meanings that are in accordance with what is specified by Allah and His Prophet (pbuh) are acceptable.

03:14 AM Aug 28 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lind@

lind@

Algeria

Heeey eternal 84, it was a good topic about ISLAM,our God ALLAH,nd some of guidlines we follow to rich the paradise if God wants..

its very limited message about ISLAM to those who believe that ISLAM is a religion of terrorism nd other bad things.so,let's us talk about our ISLAM.

dear eternal 84,may be u r right to say that there is no jewish or christians try to explain their religion coz their common topic is ISLAM itself.i don't know what's the matter with the religion of peace.i give u an example:i think u know s/thing about the latest bad writings and pictures by one of the stupidest journalists of DANEMARK about our prophet peace upon him.sooo,we r free to …..

08:49 PM Aug 31 2007 |

zahra87

zahra87

Algeria

well i think you dont know the accurate meaning of freedom!!!!coz i can see that she is writing about religion which is a topic she has chosen as any other one besides, i cant see any point of insisting or something like thae,anyway if you have any thing to say you welcome i can understand ur misunderstand may be!!!!!!

09:36 PM Aug 31 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

I have a question, why do some cemeteries have head stones and others do not? 

11:44 PM Aug 31 2007 |

lola forever

Saudi Arabia

important subject nonaaa-000,thx.
for eternal 84,u have 2 know islam 2 undrestnd why muslimes always speakeing about islam,with all my love.

12:24 AM Sep 01 2007 |

lucky4ever

lucky4ever

United Arab Emirates

thx

08:26 AM Sep 01 2007 |

eternal_84

eternal_84

Turkey

sure ı know very well wat u mean dear lind@ and u know that turkey boycotted denmark companies and also turkish haccers made lots of damage their internet connections and  that is another topic anyway.however ı said ı can not find any topic abaout other religions in this site for example topic named jesus,etc

and lola forever be sure that ı know a lot of things abaout islam and ı am muslim and being proud of being muslim too also ı dont need to explain someone my belief to Allah becouse this is related between god and me

this is second time ı am mentioning that sure this is good topic but ı can not understand WHY U ARE TRYİNG TO PROOF SOMETHİNG TO SOMEBODY?WHY U TRYİNG TO TEACH SOMETHİNG?I AM ASKİNG THAT BECOUSE WE DONT NEED THİS I TRİED TO MENTİONED THAT

09:44 PM Sep 03 2007 |

libyan_godfather

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Peace to you and God's mercy

first let me say something about Islam It might showing somebody the straight way…

There are five pillars of Islam:

The declaration of faith: To bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Mohammad (PBUH) is His Messenger to all human beings till the Day of Judgment. The Prophethood of Mohammad obliges the Muslims to follow, His exemplary life as a model.
Prayers: Daily, prayers are offered five times a day as a duty towards Allah. They strengthen and enliven the belief in Allah and inspire man to a higher morality. They purify the heart and prevent temptation towards wrong – doings and evil.
Fasting the month of Ramadan. The Muslims during the month of Ramadan not only abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse from dawn to sunset but also sincerity and devotion. It develops a sound social conscience, patience, unselfishness and will – Power.
Zakkah: The literal and simple meaning of Zakkah is purity. The technical meaning of this word designates the annual amount in kind or coin which a Muslim with means must distribute among the rightful beneficiaries. But the religious and spiritual significance of Zakkah is much deeper and more lively. So it has humanitarian and sociopolitical values.
Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah): It is to be performed once in a lifetime, if one can afford it financially and physically.

Each of us has the freedom of opinion and each of us has his subject 

best kind regards

Malek 

11:08 PM Sep 03 2007 |

nonaaa-000

nonaaa-000

Saudi Arabia

eternal

nice to meet u here u ask me why i write this topic i will tell u

i feel so happy b\c i have a good religion and i wana tell othrers….. who are lost in this world….... thats it dear

keep smile

01:09 AM Sep 04 2007 |

nonaaa-000

nonaaa-000

Saudi Arabia

lybian           thanxxxxxx

zahra my friend i hope to be fine and thanxx

01:13 AM Sep 04 2007 |

sweety_bubbly

India

nice topic friends…......i am not a muslim but i like this topic very much.i feel happy that u all bliev in god—my hatsoff for u peopl…

07:03 AM Sep 04 2007 |