Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF ANY ONE MISUNDERSTAND YOU?

sweety_bubbly

India

in my case:

if its my fault then i will ask sorry,for sure…...........

if its not my fault then i wont ask sorry but will try to remove the misunderstanding

now you tell abt ur oppinion

08:51 AM Sep 03 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

danny_lary

danny_lary

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I rarely ask sorry. My sister used to say that I'm always right. In her sweet mouth, it means that I always think that I'm right even when I'm wrong.

09:31 AM Sep 03 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Almost every problem in the world, if not EVERY problem, comes from a lack of communication. Conversation and patience can solve every misunderstanding. Sometimes it takes a long time, sometimes it happens in a flash but if you keep the lines of communication open, you can solve any misunderstanding. 

I don't think you should say sorry if you don't think you are wrong just as you can't expect everyone else to say sorry to you, since they think that they are correct. There will always be differences but everything can be worked out. 

01:56 PM Sep 03 2007 |

InMood

InMood

Austria

I would just try to make out a joke of this situation, saying, one is learning constantly. Everybody makes mistakes – otherwise we would never learn the language.

03:24 PM Sep 03 2007 |

monaime13

Algeria

You have picking a topic and then  giving the ideal answer

but i like to add that the reaction will depends on the nature of the person that i'm talking to. 

04:04 PM Sep 04 2007 |

pureguy

Turkey

you are dead right, monaime13. For example, I would cut his/her ears off :)))))

10:07 AM Sep 05 2007 |

lucky4ever

lucky4ever

United Arab Emirates

Your answer is perfect sweet bubbly.

But think on this:

If he is my real friend, he should give me a chance to explain what I meant.

12:10 PM Sep 05 2007 |

ebuns

ebuns

Turkey

the best way for this is communication, but some people speak in a dominant manner and makes the others feel guilty even if s/he hasn't made a mistake. so what would you do in that case ?

12:34 AM Sep 06 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

well if the person misundertoodd me i will try to explain it to him/her that that wasnt my point .. but if i misunderstand some one i will say soory my bad ..

12:42 PM Sep 06 2007 |

colombac

Viet Nam

if   ANYONE  misunderstood   i will  except  that  everyone  will misunderstood me… so  i will  have my  own  space  far   i will  work alone..

06:12 AM Apr 19 2013 |