Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Urban leyends

Sawdestination

Mexico

Do you know about an urban legend in your country?

Share it!

04:35 PM Apr 09 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

In the city where I live, there is an abandoned hospital near the beach, the “Hospital Naturista” (Naturist Hospital in english) that it has been closed from decades.

It is well known that a rude nurse used to work there. She abused for many years of the patients ´till her dead: She fell many floors to the ground because of a malfunction in the elevator. Days later, patients started to see her walking around the rooms and even some claimed that they were assisted by her during the night shift… She changed from being mean to be a sweet nurse…

After the hospital was closed, there were reports of paranormal events happening inside related to the aparition of her ghostly figure or shadow walking around.

If it´s true or not, I don´t know… but it´s a common urban legend in my city. By the way, the nurse was known like “La planchada”... and there are many similar legends in other cities of Mexico.

04:47 PM Apr 09 2012 |

PhilologistAUL

Azerbaijan

Oh my God, Saw, I’m really scaredSurprised

08:11 AM Apr 13 2012 |

Gorgon

Gorgon

Romania

Great topic! I like urban legends very. Please, try only to correct the title.

03:32 AM Apr 14 2012 |

PhilologistAUL

Azerbaijan

My second comment is not here, oh my God, I’ve written a whole legend hereCry

06:02 AM Apr 14 2012 |