Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you like extreme kinds of sports?

Irene Forever

Ukraine

Hello, dear members of English, baby!

I couldn’t help sharing  this  stunning video with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EEu42L0ufBY

I’d be glad to know your ideas about extreme kinds of sports.

Irene

06:46 AM May 09 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Not all the times but some times. ;) ... Extreme sports are not that much extreme as it seems. Doing regular workout is rather more hardworking activity. 

10:57 AM May 09 2012 |

MESS

MESS

Turkey

Anything that is extreme makes me feel unsafe and insecurity does not match with my characteristic features. If I am doing something, I gotta feel secure and safe 100%. Otherwise, I am not doing it. So extreme sports are not really for me. It is pretty senseless to me. But this is just my personal idea as I am constantly a safety seeker. :)

01:53 PM May 09 2012 |

Gorgon

Gorgon

Romania

Yes, I would like some, but… do you know what’s the major problem with all these extreme sports? These are very expensive sports! I like the idea of mountainboarding, for instance.

03:36 AM May 23 2012 |

jootpee

jootpee

Poland

I agree with Gorgon – unfortunately this kind of sport is too much expensive for me to enjoy.  But i’d like to try bungee jumping someday ;)

05:32 PM May 24 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

Saladeen, I agree with you that regular  workout is  hard work to get a good result. Some people do it to make their body beautiful, some of them enjoy doing it, and others just hate it, but still do it because they don’t want to be overweight.

As for extreme kinds of sports, they are always a big trial for a person who has a desire to overcome himself. I respect such kind of people, but at the same time, I feel a big fear for them.

As for me, I don’t have the backbone to do it.:)

07:27 PM May 24 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

Mess, I am totally with you. I would never do the action when I  don’t feel safety.

I am a person of “measure thrice and cut once.”

07:31 PM May 24 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

Dianne, for sure to watch is much more pleasant than to jump in the nettle.:)

07:32 PM May 24 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

Gordon, what a really extreme sport  you’d try.:) Riding a dirtboard down hills and mountains is so dangerous but exciting, no doubt.

My husband was a glider pilot, and I had lots of opportunities to sailplane. I watched  his flights  many times and saw how wonderful it was to  be high in the sky next to storks soaring in the air current, but I never decided to do it.:(

It’s really  very expensive, not everybody can affort  it, but the people obsessed by his dream would rather fly than eat. I know  many of them who are not rich  but happy having the  most important thing for them: the dream that came true.

07:44 PM May 24 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

jootpee,

Oh, bungee jumpin.:) Never for me! :)You are so brave!

07:47 PM May 24 2012 |

Irene Forever

Ukraine

Ryo, you will do if you have a wish. Dreams must come true.

07:48 PM May 24 2012 |