Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Burma Killings...

Rockyy01

Rockyy01

Pakistan

Rohingya Muslims…
One of the World’s Most Persecuted Minorities…

Though they’ve been described among as ‘The World’s Least Wanted’...
But They are subjected to various forms of extortion…
arbitrary taxation… land confiscation… forced eviction…
house destruction… & financial restrictions on marriage…
Rohingyas continue to be used as forced labourers on roads and at military camps…

Not only this… But they have been stripped of their citizenship…
They are not allowed to travel without official permission…
They are banned from owning land…
They are required to sign a commitment to have not more than two children…
& Now… In Rakhine state of Burma…
They are not allowed to even live…

The location was same when 100,000 of them were killed in March, 1942…
& Now… There have been another Genocide of Rohingya People…
More than 1,000 have been killed…
& More than 90,000 are missing or displaced…

I wish I could post photos of victims but that’d be disturbing for many of us…
I know that no matter what I post…
my forum won’t stop or even reduce killings there…

But maybe anyone out there will atleast think about raising voice…
& his voice would be heard by some other one…

“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it…”

Albert Einstein…

“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people…”

Martin Luther King Jr…

& I personally believe similar that It’s bad to think what’s bad…
It’s worse to do what’s bad…
But It’s the worst to see bad happening… ‘SILENTLY…’

11:19 PM Jul 29 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

That’s a severe criminal negligence from all Muslim countries (in particular) and rest of the world (in general). 
If Burmese government disowns these poor flocks than why don’t Muslims countries own them?
If Pakistan was once the home for 3 million Afghan refugees than why don’t we open our doors for one million poor Rohangyas?
I’ll be always dreaming for the days without boarders and governments, where human live together like brothers and sisters. 
I feel shame to be a human (sometimes). 
And (sometimes) I wish I were an animal, or a tree, or a rock. 
(Sometimes) I am simply being fed up; for being a human is a shame!

09:17 AM Jul 30 2012 |

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

the Jewish people was the most Persecuted Minorities!

the Americans during the ww2 Flying
more than 6000 times above Auschwitz and did not do nothing. all the world knew about the Holocost and close it eyes.

“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it…”

12:34 PM Jul 30 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Oh Oscar. Really? We were flying over in bombers, did you want us to bomb them? There’s just no pleasing some people. What seems to you like an entitlement might seem to others like ingratitude for what WAS done.

01:11 PM Jul 30 2012 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

@ Oscar73

Okay, let suppose ‘Rohangyas’ are ‘Jewish’, I will still keep same statement as above.

I believe what you say about your holocaust is true, but one thing is sure from your statement that that holocaust was not due to Palestinians, than why did Palestinians ultimately suffer?...and why are they still suffering due to your holocaust? What’s exactly their crime?

01:45 PM Jul 30 2012 |

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

America as superpower and the leader of the free world should intervene
in such things as genocide and injustice all over the world.

about the palestinians , there r no palestinian Nation all the Arabs in the land of Israel r civilians of Syria , egypt , and Bedwin that invented to our lands.of course in illegal ways , those stolen lands belongs to the Jewish Nation!

watch this only one example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbuM91PeSOs

02:11 PM Jul 30 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Ok Oscar, you are a well educated person, you know better. Seriously. The Germans were well armed well trained and ferocious. They were fighting two powerful enemies on two fronts and STILL it took years to defeat them. The USA was powerful AFTER the war, when the war began we were using weapons from WWI and had the smallest army of any time since the early 1890s. Don’t add to the disinformation. We liberated those camps just as soon as we could, we treated their occupants FAR better than our Russian counterparts, and we allowed as many as wanted to come to our shores. There’s just no pleasing some people. Did you think we’d parachute a battalion deep behind enemy lines to free them? And then what? Should we land thousand and thousand of airplanes to fly them out? Remember our planes only held about 30 people back then. And what exactly would the Germans be doing while we did all this? Don’t talk stupidly, I know you know better. You were taught the holocaust from the exact same people I was, from the people who were there and the people who liberated them.

02:18 PM Jul 30 2012 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

What a logic! Not getting to Palestinians crime in respect to your holocaust will craft how they stole your lands. 

02:24 PM Jul 30 2012 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Saladeen you’re an idealist, but unfortunately… It’s India that is giving Rohingyas shelter. But most persecuted minority, I loled at that outlandish claim. That too from a Pakistani who knows what Pakistan Penal Code and Pakistani constitution says about Ahmadiyyas. 2 years jail/fine for desecreting a place of worship and life sentence/death for blasphemy/desecreting Qur’an. Yes, THAT is justice served cold. Thankfully most Pakistanis in urban Pakistan are cultured enough not to antagonize the few Hindus still locked in there.

What happens to Hindus in Pakistan? What happens to Christians in middle east countries? But of course Qur’an 2:7 says it best.

03:14 PM Jul 30 2012 |

Rockyy01

Rockyy01

Pakistan

My Dear Saladeen…
Mind Blowing words from you…
I say the same that Afghans have always been coming here & still they are coming…
So why don’t Our Government provide Rohingyas a place to live…
& Really I’m sick of hearing nothing from Muslim Countries too…
& I’m also sick of some people still saying what’s happening with them is right…

03:40 PM Jul 30 2012 |

Rockyy01

Rockyy01

Pakistan

Oh My Dear Oscar…
you’ll always live in Past… WAS
This forum isn’t to open a door of dark room to another darker hall…
So please first see what is it about…
If any person who’s killed innocently…
we should raise our voices against that…
No matter who they are…

03:51 PM Jul 30 2012 |