Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Protests

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I personally think Sec of State Clintons speech probably reflects the voice of most Americans. This is our first amendment, our First Law. Our government has no control over the words of our people. We expect our people to act like adults. We expect others to do likewise. Too bad that isn’t happening.


What will you do when the USA puts a large base in eastern Libya in response to this act of war? Isreal will be so safe they could disarm. Are all muslims positive it isn’t Jewish people leading these protests?


Perhaps you think Russia or China will be kinder. They both have thier own problems with Islam. Prime Minister Putin gave us the “I told you so” and invited us to join the suppression of Islamic radicals. Has anyone even SEEN this “movie” or is all of this because someone started it and no one involved is mature enough to think before they act?


Disgusting. And yet we STILLL allow you into our nations….and allow you to say things to us that you would kill us for saying to you. Do you think it’s LESS insulting to us for you to say Jesus was not God than for some idiot here (and one of YOUR people) to say Mohammad was not a prophet? Hypocrites.

04:23 PM Sep 14 2012 |

Go to the TOEFL® page >

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

it wouldn’t let me add the link without messing it all up. heres the article on Ms. Clintons speech


news.yahoo.com/secretary-clinton-delivers-powerful-religion-speech-middle-east-034054319—abc-news-politics


add the .html part


04:27 PM Sep 14 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

First, we’ve made that mistake before. We allowed ourselves to believe that most Germans weren’t Nazis before WWII. That was obviously a mistake. This is the same. You SAY most Muslims don’t agree with these attacks but we NEVER see anything practical being done to prevent them. If you won’t stop an extremist, it’s because you are one. Otherwise it isn;t unreasonable for non muslims to expect muslims to be the first to recognize the extremists and the first to stop them. But you don’t. You just make excuses for this kind of behavior.  


Second, no we won’t blame all of them for what was done, we do blame all of them for what they aren’t doing though. Every law abiding citizen in the US (or any country) is expected to abide by our laws and our treaties and we will kill our own if they do not. So what’s your excuse?


Third, I know you believe that. It is very offensive. We understand and respect that you don’t believe it. You can’t seem to manage equality for us. No Christian believes otherwise even if they say so. We call them Heretics. Yes, Mitt Romney is a heretic. But he has a RIGHT to be one. We no longer kill Mormons for being heretics. You DO insult our faith, most of us don’t get angry because most of us understand and are adult enough that we don’t define our faith by the insults of non believers. And some Muslims have HUGELY insulted my faith. Email me and I’ll send you a link to an Imam who claims Christians believe God is an adulterer. You just don’t care when it isn’t you doing it.


Fourth,. Yeah Saddam said the same thing. Boy, do you not know us. How will you stop us from sending the hundreds of bombers or tomahawk missles to eliminate these crowds? There is nothing you could do to stop us putting a base in Libya. It would help us greatly and put a stop to the problems coming out of Egypt. You DO remember most 9/11 terrorists were Egyptian right? We believed you last time you claimed this was only a few. Why should we believe you now? We were VERY supportive of your revolution and this is how you repay decades of friendship?


Fifth, this is so wrong I wonder if it’s what you meant. Even HERE you can’t just do what you want in protest. We have most definately shot and killed American protesters who went too far, and this isn’t an insult, it’s an act of war, how come you can’t understand that? Muslims were going to execute and illiterate Christian girl for supposedly burning paper with a verse from the Koran written on it. How is that not insulting? It was finally learned an IMAM did it to frame her and guess what? It wasnt such a crime anymore. How I can accept that Muslims aren’t hypocrites when they don’t actually live up to the words of the Koran?


6, Yes, do give things the right name. Attacking an embassy is an act of war. Any other claim is a lie and an excuse. Clearly while you expect us to understand your culture, being clueless about ours is a low priority. We will indeed attack over this. We’ve already moved destroyers into the area and have some of our best Marines on the ground in Libya. If you continue to think this was only a minor insult you may live to see our tanks in your country. Or actually next door to your country. And while you think that scares us, I would remind you that in the first Iraq war we lost 9 to enemy action and they lost almost a hundred thousand. The dead can’t attack embassies, you chose what is wise, to meet us in diplomacy or to invade our soil. US embassies are US soil. You agreed to that when we first came with diplomatic credentials. You HAVE no excuse, this has been an act of war for a thousand years in the West.


If Hell does indeed return to the middle east, it will be muslims who brought it there. Stop the violence or experience what we mean when we say the word. Believe it or not, both Iraq and Afghanistan were restrained responses. We had weapons systems we never even used there. Muslims must stop the violence since they are the ones who start it!


 


 


 

09:49 PM Sep 14 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

eh, even I didn’t understand some of what I wrote so to be clear, if I called myself a muslim but denied that mohammad was a prophet, would I be a muslim? There are those who both claim to be christian and deny the christ. We allow dissent here. It’s not like there.


 I edit this. I no longer expect a military reesponse. This has turned into an international tragedy and most here recognize that. No one knows the future and my opinion carries no weight, but it’s my update.

10:21 PM Sep 14 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

OUR CONCERN? It was YOUR people who made the movie (middle easterners) in order to manipulate Muslims who reacted as the manipulators wanted. This is all Muslims. We have no control or influence here at all.


I have no idea what your third point is, I do have a bible. Religion isnt involved here. This is civil unrest manipulated to benefit neither of us.


And before I updated to say that this has spread so far as to become an international tragedy and no longer just an insult to our political beliefs, I think my suggested target was Libya. Think about what effect it would have on Middle East turmoil if we had a base on Egypts west border, central in north Africa, which combined with our bases in other nations would ring Egypt. Study the history of the Med, Egypt has been vital for ever. Libya is both weak and near. It is you who speak foolishly not to see the advantage to us in the situation MUSLIMS created. Don’t think we don’t see it just because you don’t.


We’ve lost five thousand in both wars in ten years. How many have they lost in total? As for it getting much worse, yes it could. WE stopped the violence when they were helpless. We can still do what we already did. That would mean tens of thousands of more dead Afghanis and a few thousand more Americans. It’s not an equal fight. We aren’t fighting in Afghanistan. We are TRYING to help them rebuild their country! When we WERE trying to fight, they died helplessly. Stop the violence or stop claiming to seek peace.


Drive us down and down and other nations will take over? Are you kidding? We aren’t even in the top ten anymore. We are already down. A fourth of our people are out of work, we are 18 trillion in debt and we are sick of being attacked. Think again my friend. You are not the first to think we won’t do stupid because it doesn’t benefit us. Theres not much more muslims can do to us, but theres still plenty we can do to them. My only country is broken badly, why should we leave your untouched countries alone when THEY attack us? Your attitude will most assuredly trigger more violence.


Hypocrite, look it up. No, we don’t expect to blame all for the actions of a few. But this Muslim DOES insult and Muslims DON’T stop it, even when they can. On the other hand, there’s NOTHING our government CAN do, yet you kill burn and loot in protest. A small handful OF YOUR PEOPLE made this video. Why do you think we should stop one mans insult to benefit YOU when you won’t stop one mans insult to benefit US? Hypocrite. You do nothing but expect us to intervene. BS.


You say WE’RE overreacting? What a load of crap. We have burned nothing, killed no one, stolen nothing, insulted no one. How are WE overreacting? As for your being positive the US is weak and non responsive, our leaders arent speaking to calm YOU down, but to calm US down. It’s not just me, our leaders are on TV wondering why we haven’t attacked. We pulled out of Iraq years ago, and we are only barely still in afghanistan. We have indeed rearmed and have a new generation of soldiers. Read more closely what I wrote, I write concerns not predictions. I’m no witch I can’t see tomorrow. But if you think somehow we are militarily weakened, boy are you wrong. Also the idea that we aren’t big enough for another war. We are. Very much so. You aren’t here. We too are trying to encourage wisdom and avoid violence, but if you don’t think that’s a possibilty, then you are as mislead as Saddam was. We can and will kill tens of thousands more. Study our history before you decide to expand your war of violence.


And no one here cares what you think. An attack on an Embassy in an act of war. Yes, Carter failed to attack and lost. Romney has already said that should make you nervous. There’s an election coming here. And we DID re-elect Bush because your violence.


I over assess my nations power? Our body counts in wars with Muslims exceet ten thousand to one. Though our F-35s are now in the region, we’ve never used them in combat. We have several major weapons systems you’ve never seen. Think about that. You think we are weak but we have ALREADY built weapons you never saw in Iraq or Afghanistan and they were slaughtered by our old stuff! You vastly over estimate your nations power. It is you who attack us after all. You speak of our cruelty and warlike ways then do this stupid stuff. No idea why you don’t think we’ll do it. Thats just wrong unless you have power we don’t know of.


20 Muslim nations have attacked our embassy. What is your definition of world war? 21 nations seems pretty worldly to me. And you know it will escalate. And the 20 nations attacked us without cause. We didnt do this YOUR PEOPLE DID.


It is Muslims who Crusade now. Christianitys mistake was a thousand years ago. It is Muslims who now use violence for purely secular political ends. They hide it as religion but it isn’t. No one is really offended over a video they’ve known of since July which may not actually exist. That’s just a muslim excuse to show us bad evil americans you don’t dont like us. You blame us for the actions of one man from among you. Yet you are offended if we generalize.


I’m not sure what nation you mean. Yes, it’s not the 1900s. If it were we wouldn’t have nearly a thousand warplanes, hundreds of missles and tens of thousands of troops within a few hundred miles of anywhere in Islam. Yes, I am sure you are stronger than I think. But that’s not the same as being a world power. There are indeed a handful of militaries that would give us pause, none are from an Islamic nation. You are foolish to encourage your followers to use violence to make a political point with us. Violence is not the answer. This ISN’T the 1900s. So why don’t these “protesting” Muslims realize that?


I’m not sure why you blame me. I tell you what is being said here by important people. (which is not me). If you don’t want to believe me that the violence of these protests is putting the peace in danger, thats your problem. Peace is not too much to expect from a people who keep claiming to want it. You attacked us here over something we can neither stop nor control and which you couldn’t even be bothered to tell us about before you attacked us. You make excuses for these people, but expect more from my people. People are people, yours have AKs ours have F-35s, but the stupid is common everywhere.


So I’m clear, I hope and pray for peace but its muslims attacking us. We cant make the peace this time. Only they can. But if they don’t, they can’t complain if we respond in like kind. I don’t think war is likely UNLESS this continues and spreads further. They are YOUR people, YOU talk sense to them.


We want peace, you keep attacking us. We will never submit to that. No more than you would.

02:26 PM Sep 15 2012 |

Bsm^^

Bsm^^

Algeria

Hey guys!!


I think its much better to stop ur discussion…somebody threats..the other one gives excuses..!


arabhamid My citizen!! Let s admitt! it was a stupid gesture of angry irresponsible guys..!N our responsibles or our famous muslims ddnt give the ryt reaction for this behaviour..it.s not the first time they keep silent for big things,but its their habbit..even with our serious problems!!!So calm down WobblyJoe!U dont know our world so well!


WobblyJoe! I understand that u.re angry..u have the whole ryt to be..!But plz dont make muslilms look like violent ppl that US must educate..No! To be more clear dear WobblyJoe..It*s US who taught them violence coz it.s its best strategy to treat things…n u.re going on the same way..u just list ur Arms for us..belive me udont have to,we know them more than u do..coz muslilms tasted them with a big title holding the name of America!


 I dont want to give Excuses for what Libyans dd coz it.s stupid,unacceptable,n offensive but in their point of vue..they think that they just used the american language to talk to America!


 

01:16 PM Sep 16 2012 |

Bsm^^

Bsm^^

Algeria

This is a cute shortcut from a movie..plz have a look 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLp_Vgz-VPY&feature=related


 

01:29 PM Sep 16 2012 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Wobbly: Your statements are more like a speech of politician; a politician who threat his audience ;) How can I agree with you in those things which I will principally agree (but only on the condition if you subtract your threats), plus your dragging Israel into scene, while we all know it doesn’t make any difference whether your country is within middle east or outside; your country is not free to decide something other than what Israel dictates.


Regarding Russia and China; So, you say Russia and China agree with you regarding Islamic extremism, and what if I say Islamic countries agree on the issue of extremism too, so why to support extremist regime of USA? For your country have the worst track record in the history of mankind; both in state sponsored violence and treachery. While China is not having any such track record as yours, and Russia too is having far better record compared to your country.   

04:22 PM Sep 16 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I make no threats. I tell you what is being called for here by those who do not support the President. Americans don’t make threats, a threat is a ploy that you may not enforce. We are not like that. If you tell me you are going to hurt me, don’t be surprised if I hurt you first. That’s our cultural way. We think threats are wrong so don’t make them. What we are doing is informing you of what is possible if you continue your attacks, nothing more. I am telling you what is being said will happen after the election if this continues. No one must believe me. I have no inside information but I’ve seen a LOT of news coverage from here, Mexico and Europe, and I can tell you what is being said by some here. Only that and no more. Well, and my personal opinions.


Claiming China has no such history belies your knowledge of Chinese history. China has killed more of its OWN people in my lifetime than the US has killed in a hundred years. Including WWII.  And Russia is the country that invited us to join them in your suppression.


Isreal currently has no control over us. There is a big push here in response to your protests for Obama to meet with Netanyahu. So far he has refused because we know they want to attack Iran. We are holding THEM back, not the other way around. Oh, and there are those here who call for recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Isreal and moving a well armed embassy there. Violence has never once helped the palestinian cause. You are POSITIVE Muslim leaders aren’t Jewish? I keep asking because you keep doing what they want.  Angering the West so we CAN’T take any side but Isreals.


I listed US arms not to threaten but because there are those here who think us incapable of fighting another war because we just fought two. Thats wrong. And a dangerous assumption to make. If Muslims are attacking because they think we CANT fight or just WONT fight, they are indeed wrong. It’s been years since we’ve lost major equipment overseas. We have completely rearmed and have a new generation of sons to waste. IF YOU PUSH US, THE IDIOTS HERE WILL ACT LIKE THE IDIOTS THERE EXCEPT LIKE IT OR NOT, OUR IDIOTS CONTOL BETTER WEAPONS. And if you push us, it isn’t idiocy for us to fight back. You say you know our arms, you do not. We have developed additional weapons systems and have current weapons systems that have never been used in combat. There’s still new stuff to see. If you know this, then why can we NEVER see a non violent protest like Ghandis? Non Violence is the only answer in the modern world. The only one. Even little attacks are attacks.


You say the US taught you violence. We are 236 years old. Your violence started LONG before we came along. AND YOU ATTACKED US FIRST. Libya 1804. And every single conflict since, Muslims have began the violence. We have NEVER attacked you first.


So to sum up, I sound like a politician because I am telling you what our politicians are saying domestically. Obamas position was wise but it hasn’t diffused any anger anywhere. There is a whole other political party here though, do you not want to hear how this is helping them in the election? I can shut up, you can go on, they can get elected, then we really WILL have a problem between us. My opinion is all who resort to violence are to blame. The one who first reaches for a weapon is the one who first gives up acting civilized. Now thats my opinion. Don’t get that confused with the opinions of others. If you read the too long posts I keep writing, I have never supported anything except non violence. I only warn of impending violence if this path continues.


This is the summary I make: No one doubts that it is a few million of the billion Muslims on earth. WHERE ARE THE BILLION? There are thousands of terror groups here. Christian groups, Muslim groups, race groups, political groups, all kinds of groups. The Klan has a rally and a thousand Americans will show up to shout down a hundred extremists. We’ve had private citizens shoot our extremists when the extremists go too far. We protect you here. The Klan would kill any Muslim, Catholic, Jew, non-white, white person they consider a race traitor, Communist, Socialist, homosexual, or most Californians. We control OUR terrorist groups much better than you do. We don’t even see you trying unless it gets to this point we have now. When extremists take to the streets here you can SEE us coming to your aid. (If you were there you’d be a non white muslim and therefore a target for them). WHERE IS this magic billion muslims we keep getting threatened with? We’ve been suffering your attacks for more than 60 years. WHERE ARE THEY? Even the moderates blame us for being attacked. Talk about blame the victim.


And it isn’t just America. Muslim terrorists have attacked most of the major nations on earth. All around the world.

06:18 PM Sep 16 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Let me add though, we are well aware here of the quite proper efforts made by many Muslim governments in this. We know riots are hard to control, we know a government can’t actually control it’s people when they are mad. Not here and not there. We know. We object to never seeing the condemnation you keep telling us about. We hear it all right, but the words never seem to carry weight. Even the words of important Muslims are being ignored there now. We sympathize with the difficulties moderates are having, but we still expect them to ensure they prevail unless they are willing for us to act on our behalf and for our own protection.

06:40 PM Sep 16 2012 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Thank you Wobbly for your crusie Missile :)


I was taking ‘threat’ for something that is a source of danger, if that is not the case than admit that all those statements from your presidents regarding treat from Iraq or whatever was nothing more than rhetoric to play with sentiments of public towards more provocative foreign invasions.  What you say about priamtive strikes? Don’t politicians at your side conclude it for threats? Okay, I agree with you, and for the same reasons outside world is always in constant threat from your government. Threat is a source of fear, and both breads each other, and result is war.


Frankly, that was not to hurt you but to speak my mind.



>What we are doing is informing you of what is possible if you continue your attacks, nothing more.


No need to mention what what we already know. But I already mentioned fear breads fear, and that’s the tone of fear that speak audaciousness.


>Claiming China has no such history belies your knowledge of Chinese history. China has killed more of its OWN people in my lifetime than the US has killed in a hundred years. Including WWII.  And Russia is the country that invited us to join them in your suppression.


Maybe that’s your version of history while my version tells me something else. Mao secured his country from inside traitors and defeated Japanese influence in the circle of elitist. While what capitalist attributes to Mao’s killing, Communist of China attributes it to trial of traitors. Some capitalist attribute famine of China in the account of Mao too, while you know famine is not due to one person rather a natural calamity, and also to some degree attributed to collective cornering of China by colonists, imperialists and capitalists. 


Due to securing China from inside enemies Mao ensured strong foundations for future China, that’s one of the reason that China is one of the strongest economy and without having any deficit accounts. Furthermore, China avoid to interferes in the internal affairs of outside nations. 


While US coming against Russia was result of cold war not because of sympathy. 


> I listed US arms not to threaten but because there are those here who think us incapable of fighting another war because we just fought two. Thats wrong. And a dangerous assumption to make.


I don’t know who made that assumption? Or that is also a kind of priamtive assumption before assumption ;)


> If Muslims are attacking because they think we CANT fight or just WONT fight, they are indeed wrong. It’s been years since we’ve lost major equipment overseas. We have completely rearmed and have a new generation of sons to waste.


Again that’s a tone of fear, and fear is not good because fear breads fear and that result into war. (My opinion)


> IF YOU PUSH US, THE IDIOTS HERE WILL ACT LIKE THE IDIOTS THERE EXCEPT LIKE IT OR NOT, OUR IDIOTS CONTOL BETTER WEAPONS.


I don’t think your idiots are that much idiots; since they are always looking for easy bread. :)


>And if you push us, it isn’t idiocy for us to fight back. You say you know our arms, you do not. We have developed additional weapons systems and have current weapons systems that have never been used in combat.


Have I said that? When? Rather oil and resources are more pushing your politicians. 


> There’s still new stuff to see. If you know this, then why can we NEVER see a non violent protest like Ghandis?


That’s equally apply on both sides (not on individuals; rather country to country)


> You say the US taught you violence. We are 236 years old. Your violence started LONG before we came along. AND YOU ATTACKED US FIRST. Libya 1804. And every single conflict since, Muslims have began the violence. We have NEVER attacked you first.

Oh, my God you leveled your grudges once, and then second, and now preparing for the third …
Just my opinion; too much ambition for greed is dangerous. first they were acting like pirates and now? ... :)

...............................................................


Reagrding US ambasabors killed by protestors; I never said I agreed to it rather I protest about it too, and the same time I never agree with those at your side who make misunderstanding by making nonsense moves. Because at the end of the day USA is making itself more issolated in our part of world. I genuinely don’t want that, I know politicians are expert people in fueling sentiments of general public (at both sides of our countries). 
When politicians fails to address internal problems they start exploiting outside world. My Opinion. 

<!-[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]->

<!-[endif]-> 

11:59 AM Sep 17 2012 |