Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Protests

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I personally think Sec of State Clintons speech probably reflects the voice of most Americans. This is our first amendment, our First Law. Our government has no control over the words of our people. We expect our people to act like adults. We expect others to do likewise. Too bad that isn’t happening.

What will you do when the USA puts a large base in eastern Libya in response to this act of war? Isreal will be so safe they could disarm. Are all muslims positive it isn’t Jewish people leading these protests?

Perhaps you think Russia or China will be kinder. They both have thier own problems with Islam. Prime Minister Putin gave us the “I told you so” and invited us to join the suppression of Islamic radicals. Has anyone even SEEN this “movie” or is all of this because someone started it and no one involved is mature enough to think before they act?

Disgusting. And yet we STILLL allow you into our nations….and allow you to say things to us that you would kill us for saying to you. Do you think it’s LESS insulting to us for you to say Jesus was not God than for some idiot here (and one of YOUR people) to say Mohammad was not a prophet? Hypocrites.

04:23 PM Sep 14 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

And it’s spread clear to the Pacific. I personally understand that this is few. That a thousand look like ten thousand on TV and there are a billion who aren’t involved. But these who do this evil are your neighbors and your friends and your employees and your fellow workers and your fellow worshippers who do these things. You know them, not us. Only you can stop this.

And my country isn’t stable. Not at all. Not any longer. Do you not see the number of our crazies who walk into theaters or restaurants or crowds and just start killing? Almost daily our police are attacked here. My govt is threatened regularly by its own people. You have a memory of the US from 20 years ago. What is here now is on the edge. And our govt doesnt care. THEY are still fat paid and those who pay them grow even MORE rich. Nearly a fourth of us who don’t work for the govt is out of work, our wages have fallen until we can no longer afford to live here. Stability is long gone. We are far angrier than we’ve ever been in my lifetime. And that goes back before Viet Nam.  You say America should be politic about this, but Islamic nations are religious. We are not a religious nation, we can only do political. You say notice Libya just came out of war, we are still AT war. Its a big difference isnt it? And I’ve been shot at too many times in my country during my lifetime, how about you?

09:38 PM Sep 18 2012 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

My dear friend, don’t say that, you have frankly expressed your point of view, and that’s your right, and I really appreciate your candid approach, you are not like diplomats that hide their intentions behind sugarcoated words. :)

How would you (personally this time) express the actions of thousands or more?

This is not easy question but I will try my best to do justice, there are lot of things in the background, people in Muslim countries are deeply injured since last so many years, they feel all the world is turning against them, so many families had lost their loved ones in wars, they too have feelings, they are not made of plastic, they too feel love for their families, they feel pain, they cry, they laugh – when you laugh with them, they too have ego like you people. Above that when they receive some nonsense move from your country they take it as an insult to injury. They lost everything in wars, and they feel you people are now snatching their faith as well.

In short: Just look at yourself in the mirror they are like you, just look to your children this time, they look to their children with the same love, just look to your American soil, they too look to their soil like you Americans. We are like Americans and Americans are like us.  People don’t like (at our part of world) when you convey to them that you are a chosen person and you have the right that they don’t have, this is extremely vulgar, they would rather hug with their death with smiling lips but they would not buy something that destroy their good ego (dignity).

People at our part of world feel betrayed, they feel US government buy their leaders and dictate against their wishes, and ultimately they feel slave inside their own countries. They feel your government protect corrupt politicians for their own ends. They express through these protests that USA can buy their leaders but not their citizens. 

(This is my straightforward observation)

09:04 AM Sep 19 2012 |

Bsm^^

Bsm^^

Algeria

I dont guess so wobbly!!

US is in WAR?!!!US just make WARS against others..it cant b on a war!R missiles flying in ur sky n bombs explosing ur roads n houses?!! Come on! Those things u listed happen in every country..each country has its evil citizens who’re hurting ppl!

Just to mention an other thing…We’re not waiting for America to help us abt Palestinian cause..coz we know very well that jews were able to reach ur commerce ..politics,gvmt..We do not expect anything from ur part,but maybe from UN..the other world countries!

I sent an invitaion btw :))

12:10 PM Sep 19 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Hello Saladeen,

Yes sir, that is my point. Look in the mirror it is we who are like you. So why expect us to react differently than you do? And an apology from me to you is appropriate because if you think I insult you personally than I have expressed myself badly. This is my native language, I know its pitfalls and should be careful when speaking to others. I write so much because this whole thing only took about ten minute for me to type. It’s an advantage I’m aware of and try not to abuse.  I only accuse your faith of hypocrisy, which sounds insulting I’m sure, but it’s a FAITH. The collection of actions by a huge group of people. In the same place, the Catholics invaded Islamic lands long ago. Doesn’t (or didn’t- it was long ago) mean all Christians were Crusaders, it just means a large group of people went mad at once. You are here talking, I was wrong not to make clear that in that case “you” meant the 1.something billion Muslims who are collectively make up those who follow their faith, and not you, the person here and now.

I just realized what you meant by this so I edit:

How would you (personally this time) express the actions of thousands or more?

This sentence actually questioned language structure in Arabic. In English it’s easier to speak sometimes of large numbers singularly. How do you say “you” when you don’t mean me personally, you mean some group to which I belong, and you are adressing me personally,  but you only mean it in the “crowds” sense? 

Almost a fourth of our people are losing their homes here, they’ve lost their jobs, the future of their children are at stake, and as people there are fond of pointing out, we’ve lost people in war and position globally. Did you listen to the Romney tape? He regards 47% of the population here as leeches. Half of my ‘peoples’ govt thinks of its people as either host or parasite, and it’s evenly divided. Americans have lost too, but Americans didn’t start this.  And personally I feel like you are after MY faith. As part of my faith I’ve been ignoring insults from Americans about Jesus my whole life. How else can you tell who believes and who doesn’t? Even Jimmy Swaggart fooled people for a long while, how much worse if the law required pretending to believe?

My First Amendment protects my Faith from the abuses my ancestors suffered until they were driven from Europe. What you attack is what protects me here. And Muslims here. Every religion here is protected by it. It’s removal would mean any faith that can’t put terrifying numbers of violent people in the streets to riot, would be at risk of being subdued. Which is part why we exist. Little religions that mean no harm are safe here. Not only safe, are equal here. THATS what it means to us. And the right to worship God as a man thinks God wants is superior to a claim that there is a right to prevent it.  That starts with a law against insults by the foolish but always leads to the govt ruling on the proper forms of worship. Please see that. It isn’t a question of ‘its law to let people laugh at relgion’, but rather ’its law that the govt cant stop it because the govt doesn’t get to decide any thing concerning religion not even what constitutes an insult’. Not the same at all.

Please read this sentence closely because I have warned you this repeatedly and no one seems to get it—The US doesn’t BUY your leaders. The EXACT SAME PEOPLE who BOUGHT the LEADERS of the USA are buying your leaders. As I keep saying to all, they are doing to you now what they already did to us. THEY own the politicians we only own the buildings the politicians work in. Take any President. We now pay them 400 thousand a year. I don’t think any since Carter left office worth less than ten million. President Clinton “earned” more than a hundred million. That wasn’t OUR money they “earned” somewhere. Thats Big Business buying the world. Right now, with an election coming soon, is the ONLY time they care what we think. Big Oil= Republican, Big Healthcare= Democrat. Which party wins will tell you whats coming. The money, for example, that money which Big Oil earns by underpaying you in the Middle East and over charging us here, is being used to buy ALL of our leaders so they rule the world through puppet governments. And it’s only the leaders of the companies doing it, those who work there keep the world going. Very complex indeed. Attacking us as has happened recently doesn’t help the 47% who are described by one who would be president as leeches, but it does help the 47% who think the lower half of paid workers should earn less so they can make more. The ones who think if it weren’t for them, all us dumb people would revert to savages. As part of the 47% who live as you do, I feel betrayed by Islamic people, who say all Americans are like the ones who also have no respect for me, one of the Americans who really aren’t different than anyone else on the planet. Is that different?

another edit: Saladeen I missed this before.

Don’t you think that’s the height of decadence to know the price of missile but don’t know how many children, women, and old people it kill. :(

I know because we normally keep an arsenal of about 1000. Thats a billion dollars of tomahawks. We’ve twice depleted our arsenals in our wars with you. In the tapes of Bin Laden made BEFORE 9/11/01 but recovered since, he and his counsellors speak of their war strategy. It was to bankrupt America by making us use our crazy expensive weapons on you. He succeeded, but they are weapons, he succeeded using your blood. Islamic hero spending Islamic blood. Other peoples. Just like we say after every suicide attack.

BSM- No, we didn’t start this war. Islamic radicals did. Any other version of history is incorrect. In error where truth is concerned as the Mimbari say. Whatever they may have thought, they started the violence against us, not the other way around. They knew what war with the US meant when they started it. They could have tried peace but they didn’t. They didn’t even try talking peace before the first attack. Because Islamic radicals, like all terrorists, don’t care about you. Like all terrorists, they seek popular support because its the populace that pays them, and they don’t care if you die as long as someone else sends more money. They are only criminals and no kind of true faith, the same as all terrorists everywhere. We’ve never attacked Algeria at all and we’ve never attacked any nation in defense of Isreal. Yet, radical Muslims still think themselves at war with us. Do you support Terror? Have we devastated your nation? No? Then this is OUR war with terror and you don’t get to say if we are in it or not with terrorists unless you plan to attack us from Algeria. Right now, nothing the US does is affecting you at all, yet you anger. We’ve never fought a war any other way. We didn’t ask Argentina if we could declare war on Germany in WWII because frankly we didnt see the connection. And I dont see the connection between protests in Cairo and protests in Malaysia. Why you think now would be different I don’t know. There is no historical reason why if what is happening here is no big deal to you (economic and political instability, rising domestic violence, a deeply divided citizenry), then why your people can’t live in relative security likewise? We aren’t bombng Algeria, and Algerians if they are indeed involved, are only involved because they chose so. That can’t be America’s fault, can it? Because if it’s not, then don’t blame us because you don’t live in the burbs. It was Islams choice to sponsor those who use murder for religious ends. Had they been half as upset say, when Leon Klinghofer was thrown overboard in the name of Islam as they are about a phony insult to your Prophet created only to offend them, there probably wouldn’t have BEEN a war.

Help from the UN? You’ve been listening to lies. The UN CREATED Isreal. We only support the UN. The UN is the REASON we talk about this. I know you don’t need our help to free Palestine. You’ve done a really great job on your own so far. Violence has moved your cause forward and made the world sympathetic to the plight of the peaceful Palestinians. So far the strategy for Islam to rule Palestines electric and water depts is going great. They are gathering support world wide from every non Islamic country they haven’t attacked. Maybe THATS why Palestine in less Palestinian than it was 50 years ago, and not the US.

I do notice that BSM, you dont care if we lose our houses, if our children go hungry, if more of my people are murdered in a month than you have lost in your nation in a year. As long as we let you kill us over any supposed “insult” then we have no complaint. Islamic radicals started this war. Islamic moderates protected them after their crimes. If you don’t think a war exists, maybe that’s why people keep dying. Because we are still fighting one even if you don’t know that.  If you don’t understand the role of the nations involved, your leaders will always manipulate you with talk of Jewish threats. 

As I’ve said, here theres a Jewish anti defamation league. Is there one there? Do enough people there hate them that they have an organazation apart from YOUR government to protect them? You really don’t know us at all. And your leaders are lying like all leaders do at least sometimes. They wouldn’t be leaders if they didn’t. Some other liar would take the job from them. Personally, I don’t hate Jewish people or Isreal but to deny that there are thousands of non-Islamic terror groups here who would happily kill either is just not so. Ask the JADL.

Look for other sources of news. NONE anywhere can be trusted without scrutiny.

02:31 PM Sep 19 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I just now saw this sentence in an article about todays drama in France.

“Arab League Secretary-General Nabil Elaraby called the drawings outrageous but said those who were offended by them should “use peaceful means to express their firm rejection.”

Clearly at least one Muslim world leader speaks wisely. Would that the Billion joined in the chorus.

05:25 PM Sep 19 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Um, no I wouldn’t know that because I only read the one article. But even if a thousand had said so I would only have mentioned him. He is a man well respected here and I hoped his words carried weight there too. Nothing more than that was meant.

07:31 PM Sep 19 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Laughing Maybe thats why we’ve heard of him here!

08:14 PM Sep 19 2012 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Thank you dear friend for your 20kgs article, I will express my views gradually, as I need to think on each (I’m a bit lazy thinker), so for today, I will give you a piece of sugar cane. :-)

So why expect us to react differently than you do?

Maybe due to lack of understanding, maybe due to lack of trust, maybe due to constant poisonous gases coming out from the mouth of media, politicians, and opportunists. But we need more interaction, if not face to face, at least through internet, to bypass all things that are walls between us. People learn in love not in hatred, believe me in hatred the most genuine thing sounds like a devil’s bluff, and in love if you give poison it will sound like sugar cane. This is human psychology; they react to each shift in a body language.

The problem with blind patriotism is that it ruins the core of a being, politicians are expert people in the art of divide and rule, they know sensitive parts of deep emotions, and they are like parasite that sucks public blood.

So we need to consider ourselves some kind of persons who don’t keep any nationality or race. The rest of things will be peanuts. 

Why I say this because politicians use nationalities (when they blame some point to make) and we take it for a whole country. 

08:22 PM Sep 19 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Just the middle of a very slow day here. only 420pm. Not much going on so I just look up with the computer dings.

09:18 PM Sep 19 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

And I agree with your posts. It is the same with us, trust wise. It’s one of the reasons I’m on here. It’s good for people who never travel (which is me) to talk to people around the world. Those who travel around the world already do but they aren’t the majority, not here anyhow.

Hatred and mistrust are tools the Enemy uses well. Not as well as pride perhaps, but the Enemy is deadly with either one. It is our responsibility as those who love God to defeat these hatreds. And the Enemies tricks work as well on us as they do on you. The Obama Obama we are all Osama chant did exactly as the Enemy wished. It changed this from a legitimate disgust at an insult to  religion into more of the same Death to Isreal issue. It is the Enemy working in both lands. I think.

09:24 PM Sep 19 2012 |