Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

WE STRONGLY SUPPORT INNOCENT PALESTINIANS WHO ARE SUFFERING IN GAZA EVERY NOW AND THEN

saeed16

saeed16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

05:07 PM Nov 17 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Protesting about Israeli children being targeted, but justifying the killing of Palestinians children really says it all.

Did any of us do that? Everyone agrees it’s a tragedy. And Israel, unlike Hamas, does not celebrate civilians that they kill as a victory.

Israel targets military targets such as bases and launching pads, but Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. Not to mention it has a very low median age, meaning the liikelihood of killing very young victims is high.

Gaza has been controlled by Hamas since the brutal takeover in 2006, who have since turned the Strip into a terror base from which to launch rockets. Since the beginning of this year, 800 rockets had fallen up until last Wednesday. Hamas is the rival of Fatah, and its charter calls for the elimination of Israel and rejects peace. It needn’t also be mentioned again that Hamas is a terrorist group according to the US, EU and Canada. Every country has the right to defend its citizens from attacks such as these.

How do you define semitism? Being anti-Arab is also anti-semitism.

Not according to any dictionary that I’ve ever read. Or are you trying to rewrite discourse?

Louis Theroux in his documentary on the ultra zionists asked a land thief if he considers Jews and Arabs equal. He said: no,,err,,hmm,,,How I explain it? Because we’re chosen.

Yes not just them, but Judaism sees Jews as the chosen people by Gd. If you wish to use that as an argument you’re attacking Jews and Judaism, not Israel. Either way, Israel is a secular state and the people you saw on Louis Theroux’s documentary are a minority without say in the laws. 

Does the bible tell them also to….

That’s not what happened.

11:45 AM Nov 21 2012 |

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

01:35 PM Nov 21 2012 |

Oscar73

Oscar73

Israel

you must getting know the enemy better , child of Hamas.

01:46 PM Nov 21 2012 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

למה אתה מפרם את זה? הם לא מבינים עברית

לא צריכים אנחנו סיבות דעתיות לגון ישראל והמבצע

02:51 PM Nov 21 2012 |

MESS

MESS

Turkey

As Naom Chomsky puts it:

“Israel uses sophisticated attack jets and naval vessels to bomb densely-crowded refugee camps, schools, apartment blocks, mosques, and slums to attack a population that has no air force, no air defense, no navy, no heavy weapons, no artillery units, no mechanized armor, no command in control, no army… and calls it a war. It is not a war, it is murder. When Israelis in the occupied territories now claim that they have to defend themselves, they are defending themselves in the sense that any military occupier has to defend itself against the population they are crushing. You can’t defend yourself when you’re militarily occupying someone else’s land. That’s not defense. Call it what you like, it’s not defense.”

It could not be said better.

03:26 PM Nov 21 2012 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=461911480527621 

03:33 PM Nov 21 2012 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

It’s funny how everyone is quiting noam chomsky, as if he’s a mainstream viewpoint.

He’s a linguist.

04:15 PM Nov 21 2012 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

Israel is a miracle country. A small country but with the best medicine, best technologies. And it’s their homeland that legitimately belongs to them. They made that little piece of the Middle East a miracle. Built an ”oasis” from a desert. Why Palestinians haven’t done it, but instead of that they make suicidal attacks, demanding more more and more. Israel is a great country for tourism. I’ve talked to hundreds of people, who’ve been there, and they’re facsinated by their trip. And it’s good that Jewish peopel settled there! Just to give to inspire other people what can mankind achieve inspite of many exciles, Anti-Semitism and Holocaust.

04:15 PM Nov 21 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

SInce your first comment was on my comment I will jump in one last time. There was indeed a peace agreement, brokered by Egypt, being considered by both sides when the Hamas leader was murdered. True no one had signed it, but it’s still like shooting under a white flag. We all got opinions, and mine is that Isreal started this round of shooting and are trying to justify it on things that they could have dealt with before they said they wanted peace. They don’t want peace, they want an excuse, same as the Palestinians. Any excuse to kill more of the “enemy”, who apparently doesn’t deserve to live because they have a real estate dispute.

And you know by your logic you and I and about 300 million more of us need to vacate this nation and give it back to the original inhabitants right?  Ancient claims are nothing. No nation in Europe or in this hemisphere has an ancient claim. Nor most places on earth. Even ancient nations like Japan still have natives living there. Should the other 130 million move back to China after nearly 5000 years?  We are all the product of conquest. So is Isreal. Anything that happened before 1900 is irrelevent now. All of those people are dead and the decendents are just refighting wars they couldn’t win when they started them.  This is idiocy.

Not that I disagree with you on Democrats, but the people who lied in those photos were the Palestinians and the Isrealis, not the Democrats. What can we do if liars won’t keep their promises?

05:56 PM Nov 21 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I meant this for Nu Pagoda, a fellow American and english speaker. It’s very long as a result. Sorry for the length. Just two Americans in disagreement.

You can do research you have the same advantages I have. Or perhaps any or all of the Palestinians or Egyptians reading this could help you. Egypt negotiated a peace settlement which all sides were considering a few hours before ISREAL sent a directed munition to kill the leader of Hamas’ military arm. Maybe you think that’s ok, I don’t. Offering peace to lure a target into the open so you can kill him is just bushwhacking and since you are also American, you know the history of bushwacking in our nations past. The very first death after they started looking at peace was Isreal murdering a leader of the Palestinians. Maybe he was a terrorist but we aren’t too thrilled with many world leaders, we don’t go out and kill them. So they elected Hamas, is that the only objectionable government on the planet? They have an unalienable right to self-determination, it only becomes our business because they keep killing us. The number of rockets launched in 2012 is irrrelevent. Isreal could have responded at any time. Doing so after an offer of peace is kind of crap Hitler did. Just like Hitler demanded the disarming of invaded nations. Just like he promised they could all trust them to be good right before he rounded them up for death. Speaking of which, since many of the Jews in Isreal have German roots, why aren’t they demanding their lands and homes back so they can return to Berlin? Because Europe wanted them in Palestine and they did too.

The Ottomans were Muslim too. Palestine seems to have been ok with them. They decided to fight the UK because had they won they would have taken what is now Pakistan from the British Empire. They lost and the UK took Palestine. They gave it to Jewish refugees. Spoils of war. A legitimate claim with no religion involved. Shame on the Ottomans for joining a European war. Shame on the US for being dragged into it by allied lies and greed.

No one except the Muslims call this a Crusade. They use the term as propaganda the way our govt uses the word Terrorist.

Part Cherokee and part Seminole. Enrolled? Either way, part means squat. You are not them and you staying dilutes the purity of the blood. That’s what we are talking here right? Racial purity? This is my land because of my blood ancestry? I’ll save room for you on the boat. The French part of my ancestry came over in the early 1600s. There is Algonquin and Dakota in my woodpile. So what, I’m not enrolled and like everyone here, I’m as much a mutt as you are. So unless your enrolled, we are both gone. And if you are enrolled, do you mind if we take ALL of our stuff as we leave? You can go back to your stone age existence and just hope one of the other colonial powers doesn’t return. You’d have about ten minutes before you became Mexican.

Actually I was in Kansas this morning. I live about 25 miles from there. So?

Japan killed so many because they don’t see themselves as decendents of Chinese people, they rightly see themselves after thousands of years of a single government as Japanese. But in the mountains are the natives of those islands, still living like second class citizens.

Tell Obama, he won’t listen. They play that race card like a game. It’s been 150 years and they still dredge it up. But do any of the rest of us care? Are you planning to support reparations? Crap happens, get over it and move on.  Can they go back to Africa and just take back whatever they had before they became “guests” of the New World? Can I go back to Co. Claire and take back my families land? They were starved off it by the Brits, can I sue them?

Old wounds fester. Is that what you want? Yes, all those who fought then are dead. If you think a zombie war is the answer then fine, My point was, dead people don’t fight. Feuds with no beginning need to end. If you count blood you can go back forever with most races. You say you are Cherokee, where are the Cherokee who blow up school busses to reclaim Florida? There aren’t any because the terrorist tactics of the Palestinians are purest evil and they are too deceived to see that. I KNOW the history, yours and theirs. I’m saying they can fight for another thousand years or they can end this. Old war claims from more than a century ago, back in the days of Colonial powers and Royal adventuring are too old to be litigated. As you pointed out the land has been a prize of war repreatedly, you have to pick some time to start the Modern Age and 1900 encompasses the beginning of the period when regular people could finally travel the world. Its one of humanitys oldest festering wounds. Maybe its time it was cleaned out and allowed to heal. Your people were on the Trail of Tears. An old wound and an old disgrace on our nation. Does it still fester? Do you really want Florida back? Or have your people recognized that the stupidity of the long dead is no reason to continue killing their offspring? Or that times and the expectations of time change. It’s time to heal this wound even if that means letting maggots eat the rot.

All that you say about Carter and Clinton are true, also the people they talk to. I was alive then also. I remember when that was going on. Again, so what? Should we not try to help find peace? Should we give up because they failed then? We are wrong to keep trying?

We gave back Iraq after a war. We gave back Italy after a war. We gave back Grenada after a war. We gave back Panama after a war. We gave back Mexico after a war. We protected Germany from Soviet Expansion after a war. Of course, they now hate us like we are the cause of all problems but we did protect their Nazi butts. What were you doing when you should have been studying civics? What land have we kept after what war? As for the rest of the world, screw them. We  left there for a reason. Maybe they don’t return land but we do. And you should know that.

As an American, you should know we fail all the time to live up to our values. Slavery is our worst example but examples continue to this day. We still try. We still get up every day and try to create a world of equality. We fight and we argue and we even hate, but we haven’t shot rockets at each other in a while. We still strive to be better. They can too. You are wrong not to expect them to act like adults. They are both wrong here.

It IS Hatfield McCoy stupidity. They don’t know or care how this started. They don’t agree on thier family legends so like most blood feuds, they don’t fight for the original cause, they fight because Uncle Anse said so. (for the non-Americans, Devil Anse Hatfield was leader of one of the families in one of my nations most famous blood feuds) Or the Montagues and Capulets maybe.

Still you are right about one big thing, no other group wars like the Muslims. Given the constant chants of Death to America Death to Isreal and the nearly constant threat of sudden murder they continue to support, if you want to remove them all from among the living, I’m not losing sleep. They are the only major group left on earth that still wars like it’s 1940. Even if they all went, it would only reduce the earths population by less than 20% and would free up vast resources for the rest of us who frankly aren’t Jewish or Muslim and are pretty sick of children fighting.  I support peaceful non-violent resistence but if they can’t manage that, the world is better off with out all of them. If there’s ever another nuclear weapon used in anger, I think a muslim will be involved and whoever that is will blame Isreal. Everything is Isreals fault that isn’t America’s fault unless your Isreali then everything is a Muslim problem. It’s all just people who want to fight and want to kill in the name of God. Disgusting. I have read enough comments from Jews and Muslims concerning this that my final opinion, final meaning if you want me to drone on more then send me a message, is that this whole situation is just disgusting.

10:19 PM Nov 21 2012 |