Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

self-centeredness

Hayatng

Hayatng

Morocco

Self-centeredness is natural aspect within the humankind. Each person thinks of his/herself before anybody else. Its lowest level makes the person less concerned about the self in the presence of the beloved ones. The balanced level, makes the person dealing with two main things; what satisfies the self and what makes the other happy. The highest level is obviously reflecting the arrogance which means feeding the ego.  

I heard that fear is the basics of growing that need to be more self-centered.Many believe that fear of being rejected, left alone, fear of the future, of making a change and so on… is actually what makes people more concerned and arrogant. It is the norm to fear all these things, however religion was brought to make mankind live in peace while believing that Allah is taking care of their destiny, future and every probability conquering their minds. Taking care of each other could not be a hard task for those who believe. That is how society should be built.

The mistake, the huge mistake we do to ourselves is to be concerned of the self more, and the things we desire to be close to others by appearance instead of by hearts. Our own mistakes, for having been taken seriously right and valued as the basics of happiness, the whole society is gone valuing itself on the wrong path of pursuing an illusion to be happy. The whole understanding is gone with wind. And I am left to think for myself. 

02:27 PM Mar 31 2015 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ola33

ola33

Japan

I accept every person, centred, arrogant, giving, easy-going, shy, introverts, extroverts, seriously life viewers. Accept and love all without judgement.

03:37 PM Mar 31 2015 |

Hayatng

Hayatng

Morocco

I am not making judgement, I am just reflecting my thoughts of what self/centeredness means. 

08:26 AM Apr 01 2015 |