Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is a really good movie that you recommend seeing?

lucky4ever

lucky4ever

United Arab Emirates

The movie is : Behind Enemy Lines #1

This movie talk about real story set in Bosnia during the ‘last' days of the civil war in Serbia/Yugoslavia/Bosnia in 1992

The story is about naval aviator called "Burnett", who struggles to survive in that place, after his airplane crash.

In addition, it shows the tragedy of the Bosnian people in that period.

08:11 PM Oct 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

I recommend "A Winter's Tale"

This is an independent production by a Trini artist called Frances Anne Solomon.

The English is in creole so I think unless you can get a subtitled version it will be very hard for non-english speakers to understand.

It is a poignant portrayal of the life of West Indian immigrants living in Toronto. 

11:11 PM Oct 08 2007 |

VANDA

VANDA

Bosnia and Herzegovina

I like movies. Usually spend my free time in front of Tv, watching interesting movies. I can talk and talk about movies, but one of the best movies ever is "Remember the Titans". It is an American movie. You can find out the racism and race political attitudes in those years in America. The blacks and the whites are involved in this topic, their relationships…etc. 

12:04 AM Oct 09 2007 |

Goofyguy

Goofyguy

United States

I like movies, many different types. Recently: Crash (2004 though) is good; APHC (A Prairie Home Companion) is a good flick but was a bomb in theaters; The Devil Wears Prada is a good movie, actually better than the book.

By genre:

I have never liked horror flicks so I'll avoid making any recommendatons as I've never seen one I really liked

Western: Open Range is a really good one, as is The Unforgiven and The Newton Boys

Comedy; Chinese Ghost Story 1 and 2 (these from the 1980s and Marquis (the French one with the figures)  Animal House, Blues Brothers 1 & 2, Scary Movie 1 & 2, later ones w/o the Wayans bros. suck

Biography: Capote (2005) should be in Recent is about the best

Anything by Quentin Tarantino is good as a general rule,and no, I didn't think Hostel was a horror flick….

Oldies: Only older flick from the 50's or earlier that I have ever been able to watch more than 10 minutes is 12 Angry Men…

Kids': All the Harry Potter (1 & 2 were great, 3 was lame, and 4 was ok) Shrek, and Family Guy- Stewie Griffin, the Untold Story

Of course, there are a lot of movies out there that I am forgetting that are good and there are unfortunately a lot more that are complete inane garbage. Happy viewing

12:38 AM Oct 11 2007 |

lucky4ever

lucky4ever

United Arab Emirates

thanks guys for your intraction Smile

02:44 PM Oct 12 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

Tomorrow night, I will be watching Equalizer, a movie about Udham Singh.

He avenged the death of his family 30  years after a massacre by the British Army, who fired on an unarmed religious procession.

12:55 AM Oct 23 2007 |