Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Is there a greater nation than America

JohnSmith

Bulgaria

No matter how much some people hate USA, it is still the greatest country in the world. It's the best example for how democracy should go, how to work and how to live. But it's not easy to be understood by everyone, especially by people with first english words like "insert coin, play again". You still do not believe me? Check this, maybe you'll change your mind:

http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2007/ARWU2007_Top100.htm

http://www.nrao.edu/

http://www.nasa.gov/

07:56 AM Oct 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nasim

Nasim

India

well maple I totally agree with u but 4 the last part. I dont want 2 b pessimistic but i think it is the truth. Well India is labelled the largest democracy of the world, but do Indians get all the freedom they ought 2 get in a democratic republic? I fear not. Is the freedom 2 curse our political system be called freedom? and I wont curse nebody 4 it, it is all due 2 we indians ourselves

01:36 PM Oct 19 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Guys, guys!... How can you say so? That won't do! We all should pray for the best country and the best nation in the world! America, America!
 Nothing can be greater!

08:12 PM Nov 13 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Starting with democracy, as it is,  is a Myth =) It has never existed and can therefore never exist, which is being so kindly demonstrated by the youngest nation on the planet =) For, as a true 'teenager', America is craving for 'being not like everyone else' and 'prooving it's identity'... The only problem is one has to have the identity, therwise it may be quite hard to accept it and show it to everyone.  
 But on the whole everything is fine. We all adore this country of the longest history and the richest culture, which give it the right to play the leading role and tell everyone what they should do and where they should go =)

08:20 PM Nov 13 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

Yes

11:43 PM Nov 13 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

OffTheWall! If you didn't get me, sorry…it was a piece of sarcasm.

08:33 PM Nov 14 2007 |

Lenaaa

Lenaaa

Russian Federation

I agree with mapleleaf about the USA. I saw those Americans who couldn’t find their country on the map and thought that the USA has the largest territory on the Earth. Saw those poor Americans who even could not afford himself to buy an envelope to send a letter. Those Indians living in reservations. Don’t think they are proud to be Americans. But there are Americans who live in their restricted little world thinking that all Americans live like them do. These are really proud. They don’t even know why but they are proud. And repeat it like under hypnose.

10:07 PM Nov 14 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

There isn't the GREATEST country in the world. The United States is one of the strongest countries which doesn't mean he is the greatest.

Any a country is the only one in the world, so any a country is the greatest.

05:58 AM Nov 15 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Well, OffTheWall, i was sarcastic, that is saying smth you don't really think.

06:25 PM Nov 15 2007 |

TLCdeluxe

TLCdeluxe

Germany

Yes, Germany…for sure no country is perfect, but in which country do you have a social and a medical system like in Germany?

04:33 PM Nov 16 2007 |

master_of puppets

Georgia

america is not a nation it is just a mixture of different people

04:42 PM Nov 16 2007 |