Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Is there a greater nation than America

JohnSmith

Bulgaria

No matter how much some people hate USA, it is still the greatest country in the world. It's the best example for how democracy should go, how to work and how to live. But it's not easy to be understood by everyone, especially by people with first english words like "insert coin, play again". You still do not believe me? Check this, maybe you'll change your mind:

http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2007/ARWU2007_Top100.htm

http://www.nrao.edu/

http://www.nasa.gov/

07:56 AM Oct 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Yahoo!!!!! =)

05:42 PM Jan 12 2008 |

Lenaaa

Lenaaa

Russian Federation

Well said, Ammargana!!!

05:49 PM Jan 12 2008 |

rihab2008

rihab2008

Tunisia

For me ,my country is a greater nation.And so proud of my  of where i belong.

And every one should be.Smile

08:48 PM Jan 12 2008 |

行者

China

ing kasjif ji dkui kej ij jidj hall me a ling

07:18 AM Jan 13 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

guys???? someone gonna answer my question?

08:12 AM Jan 13 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

the question was:
Our mysterious JohnSmith asked Is there a greater nation than America? (we ignore the terms mitake)
I ask a simple question back – And what is so great about America that makes it the greatest?

10:23 AM Jan 13 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Kana, i'm sorry to be impolite, but i have a suspicion that your exiled attitude to americans in some points is based on some fact we both know. As for the freedom of speech and religion i must disagree. I think that throwing away and ignoring ppl protesting against the Iraq capmaign and arresting journalists for they they've said is not quite the best way of practicing freedom. As well as forbiding to wear a cross over one's clothes and an appeal to take away the monument with
the 10 Commandments from the Senat is neither a religious freedom. I can continue the topic where i've aquired a great deal of enemies – why can't i say smth i think and believ is true? if you don't agree or don't like what i say whatever, ignore it! For God's sake! I would do the same, i don't care if someone put a huge David's star in the House of the EU Parlianment to celebrate Hanuka. But the scandal about the Christain Christmas tree tells us that smth's wrong in this world.

07:48 AM Jan 14 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

That's what i've been saying since the very fisrt time i entered this forum. Absolete freedom is a bullshit. As well as democracy is a myth. The USA has maybe come closer than anyone else to it, but carrying out a legend is always like this. You strive for it, it's so beautiful, but u fail. Coz u're jut a human being. And your freedom ends at the point where other person's freedom starts. We will always fail, it's obvious. So the ony this so striking
about the USA is maybe their anguishing trials to get smth non-existent.

11:06 AM Jan 15 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

MarkChina,
i was actually talking about the USA in particular. And that they are sometimes blindly believe in the "idea", as u call it. I do not propose any other way of ruling and organizing the state. Simply because i have no idea what we can do now that the humankind have tried everything (though we should admit in individual states some forms are still working, and quite successfully).
I don't think you meant it seriously when u mentioned fascism, anarchy and others. U just seem to like making discussions extremely hot))...

06:29 AM Jan 16 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Mark,
what u perpetually call my twisting and turning may be a simple trial to make you aware of the fact you misunderstood my first claim. No offends

02:26 PM Jan 16 2008 |