Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why am I Muslim ? ... Why am not I Muslim ?

alshehri2005

Saudi Arabia

many people want to know …why are not u Muslim? or why are u Muslim ?

Plz. respect all of religions ….

Regards

12:23 AM Oct 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

shanghai_china

China

in my view, everybody born equally. it means equally to nature. nobody is superior to other prople.

we can't chose the nationality because we got the blood from our parent, however, we have the right and the chance to chose what religion we belive in. religion shall tell us how to live with natrual peaceful and harmoniously. if a religion say some one has more power than others, i think it is a not good and not right religion because how this some one can live if all the others disappeared.

regarding Muslim, i think they need to have a self-examination. why all the world feel afraid the moment people hear this world? what they have bring to the world?

02:28 AM Nov 19 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

but all of us can't to live in every plase , where we want to know about its society. and we can't to live our life only to search what about others..

the human need to know how we can to live with each other.. and that will not to be without the same belife..        that is i think , the same belief..

and this belief must to be the best way to living..

do you can to give me that ???? i  know you can't that .. and Mr.Bush or anybody can't to give me that way.. but only my God can give me my best belief to my life..

i am with islam way….....

07:07 PM Nov 19 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

that is why i am muslim Wink

07:10 PM Nov 19 2007 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

I'm atheist myself, and a happy western woman. I think that humans need something to guide them, some need only god, some others need a whole built-up religion.. It's their choice. I only need my heart to guide me, and I trust myself as the god of my own existance. I'd never kill or hurt anyone, or intentionally make any harm. I don't need a god or a sacred book to tell me how to live, cos I know it in my heart. But I respect people who do need written laws and religions, as long as they make them happy.

Proud muslims should still be muslims, but those woman who feel trapped in that religion should have the freedom to choose the way they live. No tradition or law shall keep us away from our own escence, our own happiness and freedom.

02:00 AM Nov 20 2007 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Good..thanks for your opinion about rights of moslem women.. That's a truly moslem life that never known by others.. 

People (whether moslem or not) have no knowledge of Islam. So they often have negative thinking or stereotipe about Islam.. 

08:39 AM Nov 20 2007 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

I never said just islam keeps you away from your freedom, but each person hs a different way to express themselves. I'd feel trapped in any religion, because I've never felt like i need any of them. When I was 10 years old, even though everyone taught me to be a good christian catholic girl, I was already atheist and discussed a lot with my religion teacher. I don't think I'm the only one who's gone against the norm, some muslims, as well as some catholics, and from every part of the world and every religion, might be unhappy with it, cos in the heart we're all different and we all need different things.

I hate it when people from any religion say "my religion is the best". There is NO best religion, it just depends on how you live it. You might be a muslim and be a terrorist, or be one and be a saint.  There are catholics who're murderers, others who try hard to help people. We shouldn't blame or praise any religion, what really guides us is what we, individually, feel in our heart.

P.S: I agree that some people in the US government (and almost every government) are pure evil, but that doesn't mean the whole US is evil. You're making the same mistake that when western people say that muslims are all terrorists.

01:33 PM Nov 20 2007 |

imbj9

imbj9

Pakistan

Look

02:12 PM Nov 20 2007 |

optimists

Turkey

There must be only one true religion in the world.

There are a lot of religion in the world.

But only one of them bring you to GOD.It is KORAN,Because of not changing.

04:12 PM Nov 20 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

that is right .. and  the book of  christian religion told  that the God will send the human the prophet Mouhamad..

i know that all the religions is true.. and i belive in it . and the Quraan say that .

islam belive in all prophets and all books.. but Mouhamad and Quraan came later.. and God how send us this books asked us to do with Quraan..

05:39 PM Nov 20 2007 |

saudi cute girl

Saudi Arabia

im a muslim because this is an instinctive religion, Islam do not stand against freedom and equality. theses are bad tradition in Saudi arabia, It has nothing to do  with Islam.

10:32 PM Nov 20 2007 |