Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

NO to terror and war!!!!!!!!!!!

blue_dreams

Turkey

Why the people make war ? Peace is easier and better! I cant understand people's ambitions. I hate wars I hate to hating. I dont wanna hate anything! we live in this world just a life and ever1 has this justice. So I believe living with peace with all of the people as in here. Why do they understand this??

08:56 PM Oct 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

Either terror or war never brings true peace although those who create or participate in terror and war always claim they do it for peace. And the most devastated victims are innocent people who gain nothing from terror or war except losing their lives, their beloved family and their home.

Power and greed are two main words that often lead to terror and wars.

04:01 AM Oct 28 2007 |

blue_dreams

Turkey

I agree with u gigi2550. I wanna add, war is failing position. İf some1 doesnt love other people , he/she cant love herself/himself.

12:23 PM Oct 28 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Progression: u seem to be a hidden feminist)))

Well, i think it's quite useless to talk about these things, guys. U see, everyone thinks wars and terror are bad =) and still?... 
Does it change smth? No, it doesn't. 
 There has always been, there are and there will laways be people who use it to make money or fame.
That's the reason. 
Just being realistic… 

04:47 PM Nov 12 2007 |

mo0

mo0

United Kingdom

it all about money, greed, craving for power…  

06:52 PM Nov 12 2007 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

most of the  people on this board give me hope for the future of my daughter (14).this young well educated  generation between realism and vision ,is very difficult to manipulate through people who believe in war and terrorism. 

07:41 PM Nov 12 2007 |

mustafatosun1991

Turkey

Each war's results are the peace.There's no winner in a war.All sides lose.The greatest wars in the world became in the Europe Continent.In Bosnia 400 thousand people has been killed by Serbians and all of the Europe was "sleeping".In Algeria,Frenchs killed 2 million innocent people and all the Europe (and also USA)watched this holocaust.1st.w.w.and 2nd.w.w. has been done in Europe.Millions of people has died because of the petroleum fight.Decades later,petroleum will finish, i anxious about that day the states will fight for what,i guess for water.

10:51 PM Nov 12 2007 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Dear mustafatosun1991,i agree with you. but only your first sentence i will not accept! ecactly  this is what I mean with manipulation through people who believe in war and terrorismus…"""the war's result is the peace…"""don't believe this. i don't believe in good wars and bad wars,in good terrorism and bad terrorism…al is pain and death.. maybe the UN peace keeping is the right way…but the UN must be effectiver…i which you, that you get in future a position in this UN – worldorganisation to bring peace keeping foreward. i mean this honest,you are very young,but you are able to see what is going on in this world!

10:50 AM Nov 13 2007 |

blue_dreams

Turkey

mustafatosun1991, u can be right but I think in the future the people ll see wars of religions. I hate it but the people dont understand the proper. the people ll think that but in fact it will be unbelief. they ll see only egoism. and already it became to grow up..

04:20 PM Nov 13 2007 |

blue_dreams

Turkey

and I agree with u spontan. all of the terrorism are wrong. we should teach the peace to world..

04:23 PM Nov 13 2007 |

mustafatosun1991

Turkey

Dear spontan and blue dreams thanks for shared your comments with me.

"money money money" said Napolion.
The date was 1500's…
Superstate in the world is Ottoman and it was living in its "golden age".
In Europe mental patients were burning,in Ottoman they were curing.
Fatih Sultan Mehmet has taken Istanbul and first of all he said to the Ortodox Christians."You're free to make your prays!"
After centuries,Europeans discovered new ways,they earned money and they did technologic revolutions.
Now West is richer than East about money,but culture…

The time is 01.55. here i must sleep,bye…

11:54 PM Nov 16 2007 |