Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

I would love to chat with Mothers from all over the world!

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Hello! My name is Kate and I’m from Russia. Here is my boy on the left, his name is Matvey and he is just 11 months old.
I’d like to talk to other parents from all over the world and share our experiences. Please, write about your kids, their names, ages, hobbies, problems – whatever is on your mind!
Thanks a lot!

10:43 AM May 18 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

Hi, good morning kate, now it’s just the begining of a day in my side, I just begin my work and I don’t know what’s time now in Russia, hope your baby had a good sleep in last night.
So nice to hear from you, and thanks for sharing mothering experience with us and thanks for creating this space to chat.
I gave the birth to my daughter on 26th Aug, in 2005(Caesarean operation), now she will be 9 months old in next week, and we called her yaya(pet name, means a little girl in chinese), her formal name is xinyao zou, in china most of parent always give pet name to their babies, and the pet name will be called in his/her all life by their parents or other relatives, but it’s not absolutely.As for the formal name,it must be called when the baby begin to go to school. kate how about your son name, what do you call your son in daily life.
ok I’d like talk more about my baby in next time.
kate one more thing need help, look left picture,it’s not my original choice and I wanna change it but failed after several tries, I don’t know why I can’t do it.
good luck!

12:30 AM May 19 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Good morning, lilyshi! It’s 7.40 in the morning in Russia. We have just woken up. Unfortunatelly, my Matusha – a kinder form of Matvey, that’s how we call him – doesn’t sleep very well these days, maybe a new tooth is coming out. We have 5 teeth now and you? Usually parents in Russia don’t give any pet names to children – just ordinary names and kind forms of it – that’s what we use.
My son was born traditionally on the 17th of June 2005, but a month early – my due date was July,10. But nevertheless he’s a nice, happy, healthy and clever boy – my little wonder.
What can Yaya do? Does she talk already? Matusha started saying mama at 7.5 months.
About changing the picture: I don’t know why, but they don’t let you change the picture! Any information about yourself – Sure! – but not the photo… That’s bad:(
Please, tell me more about your family and yourself! Take care!

03:44 AM May 19 2006 |

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

Hi,kate good weekend, are you going to take matvey to play in the park? how about the weather in your area, rain or shine, it's raining in my city now, maybe today I just stay at home with my daughter, or will take her to visit my friends, but this morning I still need work, every saturday morning we all have to go to office, that's company rule, a unfair rule but have to obey for making a living, I work in a state owned company, we provide oil drilling equipment , on land as well as offshore, I belong to offshore oil engineering dept.,  so just in charge of offshore drilling equipment sales, work time is 8 hours a day, 4 in the morning and the other 4 in afternoon, could have a rest between 12:00 am to 2:30pm, you know for having a little baby I got every 1 hour in Am. and Pm. as nursing time, it's one of chinese women rights during procreating.

Mention my daughter teeth, I have a little vexation, the down two teeth just grew out in last end of month, it's still growing big now, and have to wear bib,  some experienced people said it's ok, but I know it's not very good, I thought it must be absent of Calcium.

Yaya begin to talk now, sometimes she could call mama and papa, especially when she wanna  get something or cry for sleep, sometimes she pronounce something we don't understand at all, so cute the little tot, I believe you have the same feeling. Yaya also could wave her hand when say goodbye to someone, could recognize some toys aroud with her. Anyway she makes improvement everyday and believe Matvey do too, all these need us take pains.

I'd like show my daughter piture on here but the left picture cann't be replaced  now, so disappointed, how could you do it! ok talk next time and tell me more about you.Kate, I will be offline until next monday.

have  a good time.

01:00 AM May 20 2006 |

katrix

katrix

Russian Federation

Hi, lilyshi!
You poor thing! I feel so sorry for you that you have to work at all and even on Saturday :(
I don’t know how I managed to change the picture – maybe it just needs time to get changed. I tried several times yesteday but nothing happened. I’m surprised!
As for me I don’t work. I sometimes translate something for people and it’s well paid.
As for the weather it’s sunny but cold – only 5 degrees! I live in the north of Russia and weather conditions here are severe. Still I hope it will get warmer and we’ll go for a walk!
Now about Yaya’s teeth – don’t worry! The norm is 2 lower teeth by the end of the 8th month! You have them, right? So, the others will grow soon too! But maybe you should consult your pediatrician if you think she lacks calcium?
In such cases in Russia it is advised to feed the baby with cottage cheese (or white cheese). Do you know what it is and do you eat it? Besides we give our babies vitamine D – without it calcium cannot soak into the body.
I wonder what you feed your baby with. Matusha eats almost everything but I still breastfeed him – I don’t know when I’m going to stop it because he loves it sooooooooooo much! :)
OK now, it’s time to go. Will be waiting for your reply. Have a good weekend!

04:32 AM May 20 2006 |

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

Kate sorry I really wanna write bake but I am just too busy in these two days I will reply later

06:39 AM May 23 2006 |

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

Kate  I  just finished my work but the nursing time is coming, hope I have time to write a long letter tomorrow but I cann't assure, so so much work have to deal with in this week!

09:13 AM May 23 2006 |

oi113

China

It's so nice to find this forum! I like babies very much though I do not have a baby of my own yet, however, my sister gave birth to my little niece in october,2004.I treat her as my own baby because my own child was abortted due to prior heart diseaze.So I have a special sensation to children.

My niece was very clever as well as naughty. She already can walk steady and even run, but she learns talking slowly, till now she only can say mama, papa, aunt( me) and grandma.It seems difficult for her to pronouce grandpa though my father(her grandpa) spends a lot of time with her and buy a lot of toys for her.

Oh, baby's name Jinger. Jinger now can eat by herself two month ago, however, she usually treat food as things that she can play with. She would like to use all sorts of mess kit at the same time such as chopsticks, fork, smal bowland big bowl  as long as she can get. Especially she would like to grab other people's belongings though we give her her own things.We find it difficult for us to help her change this bad hobby. Hope you can give us some good advice.By the way, do your children have this noughty habit?

A funny thing happened yesterday, Jinger got an egg which hadn't been cooking and ate it. Before we can stop her, she had already swallowed it down and laughing at us showing that she won.

So much for these today, I have to get off now. Hope to get your reply.

10:31 AM May 23 2006 |

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

Hi Kate, have a nice day,   how about you and Matvey  in these days, I am sorry that it's just 5 degree in your area now and it's the same as the winter of my side,  china it's summer coming now, usually the temp. will be up to 40 degree around in the most hot summer(Jul), fortunately it's adaptive weather in May and Jun, so yaya could go out for a walk everyday, my mother-in-law help me look after her during my work time and always take her for a walk in every morning and every afternoon, you know the baby also dislike stay home but outside. In china most of the young mother like me have to return work positon after procreating vacation ended, unless  give up work like u but it's not the normal choice, so the family older people like grandma/grandpa take care of little baby, for me it's mother-in-law living with me and helping me, I think it may be much different from your country, is it?

White cheese, I never taste that but heard, Kate the baby food is also much different in our two countries, I feed yaya milk powder and some special food like rice mushy, flour mushy , noodle, yolk and now seldom breast feeding, so it's very great you could persist giving your breast to your son, that's my pity, my breast milk is not enough for yaya even from her first borning month, so it's not difficult for me to stop breast feeding now although I love the feeling, the sucking feeling sooooooooo much.

ok, kate talk next time!

01:30 AM May 24 2006 |

lilyshi

lilyshi

China

oi113, welcome to join us, best wishes to your niece, tot like your niece older will be much naughty, it's nature, they keep curiosity for everything and maybe need patience to let her know what is right or what is wrong, anyway I am just a young morther and also absence of experience, so just take it easy. 

01:55 AM May 24 2006 |

agapi

Greece

hello . im agapi and im from Greece.

i have a little boy and his name is dimitris.

he is 50 days old!

and i dont sleep at all these 50 days..

i just wanted to say hello to everybody here…

06:55 PM Sep 30 2006 |