Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you know why some of us invite new friends and don't talk with them?

Unanna

Unanna

Russian Federation

I really can't understand WHY some of us here invite someone as a friend and don't talk with her/him? Does anyone have the same question or not? Please explain me why is it so if you know… Does anyone delete such persons from the list of friends?

07:25 PM Nov 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sunnygirl_only

Egypt

hello unana, really i asked my self the same question but i did't find the answer and i am amazed too when i find alot of people invite me then they never send to talk me and some time they ignore answer when i send to them.

from i was young i like friendship and i like to have many friends from different countries, and i had 3 pen friends by letters before but also i lost them all, without any reason thewy stop writting to me in different times.

but let we see what the other friends will tell us may be we find the respond!!!!!!!!

08:56 PM Nov 07 2007 |

jenny217

jenny217

China

I konw one of the reason:maybe its their first time to come here.they havenot any friend,so they add many for this reason.

the other is i think their english is not so good,they come here for improving levels.sometimes ,they donot know how to express themselves in english.just like me.

hehe.

02:58 AM Nov 08 2007 |

Pearl.lee

Pearl.lee

China

The question is good just i want , i am  new member here,i don't know how talk with friends, i am trying and stduying ,a little by little. and other reason is i think we are in different country,we have the different time zone so that the working time and rest time is not in same time.am i right?

03:45 AM Nov 08 2007 |

jiangly

jiangly

China

Hi,I left my msn NO here,many people added me,but i must say too many,i mean hundreds of people,so it's becoming a burden for me,so i just don't get on the msn now,so i'm here to say sorry to those who added me.

and also,from my id "jiangly" someone thought i'm a girl,but actually i'm not, someone added me for the reason that they just want to talk with girls, as long as they know i'm not a girl,they just say sorry,actually i don't care the people i chat is a lady or a gentleman.

and the main reason,we don't use english very well,it is still difficult to chat with english in some,so people prefer write here,instead of speak,for no want want the result of ending in no word to say,but here the BBS it is more free,if you want to talk,you can write,as long as you have nothing to say you just keep silent,I thing that's the reason!

04:23 AM Nov 08 2007 |

terry c

terry c

China

i'm new here ~~i came from china  ,  i wanna improve my english . and i need friends . my msn is

04:28 AM Nov 08 2007 |

munchkinxo

munchkinxo

Philippines

maybe they just want to add 'friends' in their list… anyway, they might be busy also…
You see, sometimes people come and go but those who find you special will always find ways to stay or to keep in touch… =)

07:26 AM Nov 08 2007 |

umarkj

umarkj

Saudi Arabia

from my opinion , it’s depend on the pearson who asked this question .
sometime you do the same thing without you feel . lets get for example me , i have a lot of friends on my messenger and i invited them to make chat with me . but sometimes , i don’t talk with them only if they talk first with me .
and sometimes i talk with them but they don’t answer me .
i don’t care if someone do that with me because maybe he doesn’t like me :) .
finally , don’t be sad for these people . i’m sure they’re love you .

11:37 AM Nov 08 2007 |

huwailuyou

huwailuyou

China

well,I agree with Pearl.lee ,as what she said,we have different time zone and we come from differnent countries.

As a new member,I want to make more friends and if we have some common,I think we can get joy from each other.

01:40 PM Nov 08 2007 |

huwailuyou

huwailuyou

China

hello ,my name is connon,I am from China,where are you from?

01:44 PM Nov 08 2007 |

surana

surana

Malaysia

They probably have too many friends and not able to respond to everyone. Other reason is that they might be very busy with their own daily chores and therefore could not write that often.

01:58 PM Nov 08 2007 |