Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How must a relationship be?

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi everyone,

What is your opinion about this topic?Would you please share your mind with me?

Thanks. :)Zeus

08:48 PM May 30 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

I wrote some topics here to share with you but a few people wrote their comments.I guess most of people don't like to share  their opinion with us or They don't often visit here.Anyway,If we want to improve our English we should read and write some themas here not only to chat ofcourse it is also useful but not enough.

Thanks.

06:46 PM Jul 31 2006 |

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

AGREE WITH BAKIR…....... IN ANY REALTIONSHIP     TRUSTING IS THE BASIC PART.

04:01 AM Aug 01 2006 |

safiyyaharyssa

Malaysia

Relationship ? Love? Passionate? Three words to think about.

Having relationship with someone means that we are still human. some relationship is good for us and some may be bothering us. We ourself should judge wether we do have a good or 'not so good' relationship. Continue with good relationship and avoid being in 'not so good' relationship.

When i'm studying in university about 4 years ago, i'm in love with this great guy (well, i think, until i got married). we were in love for almost 8 years. but, at the end, i found out that our relationship will never end well. we were facing a problems where we cannot understand each others well. suddenly, i realize that i cannot understand him and known him anymore. so, we broke up. its not easy to forgot someone when we are in love for 8 years. but we have to. we cannot be happy when we were togehter. we spilt up, just like that!

But, my sorrow end well when i meet this guy who love me more that anyone could. i'm very happy to be with him. vey, very happy. and we were not wait anymore longer to tie the knot. we got married after 2 monthsof dating. and he is my husband now, my lovely, great man i've never had again in my life.

safiyyah aryssa,

www.oh-so-natural.blogspot.com

www.my-broken-english.blogspot.com 

09:39 AM Aug 01 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Safiyyah Aryssa,

Thank you really thank you to tell your story,It tells me If someone loves you, you should be together with them.Know what I mean,sometimes we are love in with someone who We won't be able to understand after a few times and to tell who this is,this is not that I know.Because we are in love because of this we can't realize something when we realize it is so late for everthing.My grandmother had wanted me to love someone who love me.I guess she was right.I don't want to tell ''fall in love'' I tell love.Thanks again that you share your story with us and I wish you and your husband will spend so long time together.Be happy and Healthy.Take care. 

08:36 PM Aug 01 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

What are doing to our relationship and our world?Really,I can't understand it.I began to hear many situations about bad relationship from my friends.and I heart many bad things about our good world as wars,povertyCry.

I wish we will have a nice relationship and will live in peace.Smile

07:29 PM Aug 08 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Well, I’ve always thought that if someone wants a relationship to work, there must exist communication and trusting.
if you don’t trust your couple, problems (like jealousy) will come out and relationship will crash down.
World is other topic, mankind is destroying it… too bad we’re doing such thing, most of people don’t realize we’re indeed living inside the world and we should take care of it instead screw it.

09:10 PM Aug 08 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Zars,

First of all,welcome to Englishbabby,I hope you will get what you need here or you will enjoy yourself like us here.

I was at our summer house for three days and I came back today, and I saw that you visited and read and answer all my topics,Thanks a lot for your concern.

Yes,I agree with you what you wrote about relationship but I tried to mention when we are in love at that time we don't realize which one is important as a matter of fact we can't realize anything.I guess this is dangerous thing, but  Love is love

Take care.BYE.

Bye the way I wish you a very good relationship with your partner.

05:03 PM Aug 12 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

Hi, Zeus!

My point about this subject.          

Jealousy – it’s very destructive feeling. I think it  just because of people’s egoism or insufficient self-confidence.

You can miss your partner – it’s normal and nice! And you can tell about this to your partner – it’s normal and nice! And he/she will be happy to hear it! But if you tell you miss him/her and because of that he/she must to be with you all the time – it kill him/her! You kill your partner as individual! 

I had a bit other life experience, but it seems very similar. When I was in marriage, my husband could tell me : ”okay, you can go, but you must be at home befor became darkness”.  Or: ”When I come to home, you must be at home at that moment ”. Why? Why? Why? It was not because of jealousy. It was just some owner’s sense as I understand. And I began feet myself  like I’m in prison. I think, the feelings most the same as with jealousy. And it really hard to be happy with this feelings.  

We divorced not because of that. But it doesn’t relate  to this subject :).   

So, everybody! if you care about your partner and relationship – don’t limit him/her just by yourself and trust him/her! And it will be real happy relationship!

And always remember one simple thing – it very easy to break, but very hard to create…  

Be happy! Take care and keep smile! Kinski

02:44 PM Aug 31 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Hey Zeus, you're welcome and keep it up in that way.

Kinski you got a point with what you wrote.

You're quite right with your quote "it very easy to break it down, but very hard (tending to impossible) to keep a relationship up".

That's cuz there are too many factors that we must be taking care of and besides we never know how the other person will react to what we do, anyway it's worthwhile isn't it?

Cheers.

05:30 PM Aug 31 2006 |

phanquynh

Viet Nam

this is a very  complex topic. being able to talk about  it cleary is very difficlut because there are too many kinds of relationship: relaitve, friendship, marriage, partner, love, sex, .... also there are many problems in  each kind. and the trouble is also different. i wiil give some example:

in relative: especially between parents and child. this is the relation ship having the conflict at the lowest degree and the ability of repairing after each conflict is also very high.the children  can do evrything they want and don,t worry about them very much even though these actions can make their parents very sad and heart-broken. if this conflction happens in another relationship, evrything can be getting very bad, and may be will brake down. but it will never happen in this relationship, i am sure about that( except the parents that don't have the love of the parents for their children). because this relationship is a blood-relationship, and each member in the family tie down speciallye. maybe at the time of the conflict, everything will very badly but after that it also pass out very quickly.so don't need too high and strict conditions in this relation. they can live together more easily.

the marriage: in some cases, it 's also as same as the above relationship . but in other cases, it' diferrent from. it also belongs to the manners and customs of the place they live. in asia, marriage is very important and they always try to do evrything to prevent the dirvoce as much as possible. to do that, they must behave very moderately, honest, and try to ignore the bad thing in thier conflictions( may be they really ignore and forget it, or they only seem to ignore it but still have something in their mind). it so complex. if they can arrange it satisfactorily, the love will exit for along time and everything also be easier. but if they can't arrange satisfactorily and the conflict get more day after day, their family will very terrible. and at  the end, when they can't stand each other anymore, they must divorce ( the last and bad solution). and when they divorce, they hate each other very much. so, to avoid this, need the contribution of both of them, honest, patient, open-minded and the most important is the children.

in europe and america, maybe this relation will not vey be nervous.

in friendship: also have many degree: normal friend, quite close friend, close friend, very close friend. may be the relationship in each degree may be different, but in this relationship the jealous, the conflict, suspection, and hurting together will happend usually, and certainlly low or high degree depends on the treatment.

06:15 PM Aug 31 2006 |