Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you think the world is like a big family?

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Hi, guys.
 I want to know what each of you thinks of such a comparison. We say, humanity is a brotherhood. Do you agree? Well, a family may not only be an ideal society living according to the rules of
love, as we know. Siblings like to fight) But in th end…are we going to live in peace happily ever after? 
  Just interersted in your opinions. Thanks in advance.
                                                                   Yours, M.

06:49 PM Nov 13 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jabsade

United Kingdom

h

06:52 PM Nov 13 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

And what should it mean, Jabsade?)))

07:34 PM Nov 13 2007 |

FurriFish

FurriFish

Russian Federation

We can go to this problem on the next hand: all depends on your native country.As for Russia: everybody thinks about onself,everybody wants to "snip off" the the biggest bit,

& I can't say, that our nation is ONE BIG FAMILY. But I think, there is another situation in Europe & USA….

09:05 PM Nov 13 2007 |

ceguya

ceguya

Turkey

ı think we should know better tr human instincts first.

otherwice it doesnt mean anything that we are family or not.

09:19 PM Nov 13 2007 |

ceguya

ceguya

Turkey

and we should discuss that do we really came from adam.?

09:23 PM Nov 13 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

FurriFish) Don't be that pessimistic. To tell you the truth…after listening to the people who lived abroad for years i can tell you our society is the least rotten among the western ones)

09:27 PM Nov 13 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Ceguya, u know what? The scientists proved genetically that all the people living on the Earth relate t each other not further than 14-lined relations =)
 And about the instinct i wanna say, that a human is leaded by the instincts only (s)he is an animal. Do u suppose yourself to be one? Me not, sorry.

09:31 PM Nov 13 2007 |

ceguya

ceguya

Turkey

ı dont want to pessimistic person. mmm if we are famly can you explain me why humankind always try to destroy itself?Wink

10:15 PM Nov 13 2007 |

ceguya

ceguya

Turkey

what do you think which country is most rotten and which one is pure? ok ı v been many country in the world(include russia and america too)

10:20 PM Nov 13 2007 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

Not the humankind is eager to destroy itself. There are certain people who earn money on people fighting.   And by rotten i mean keeping your soul. Though i agree that was quite a strong statement.

01:44 AM Nov 14 2007 |