Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

which movie did you make cry ?

00mephisto11

Slovakia

in my case it was movie called "pay it forward" it was brilliant movie full of brilliant actors 

and what about you ?  open your mind ….

05:47 PM Jan 18 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

00mephisto11

Slovakia

hmmm nice list of actors : edwart notron (american history X) -great, johnny depp (charley and the chocolate factory) – great, nicholas cage (con air) – great, john cusac (1408) – great (unfortunately I haven't seen max :(( ), kevin bacon (apollo 13) – great, joshua jackson – don't know him :((, samuel jackson ( the negotiator, die hard 3) – so great … 

so you know I like a lot of actors too but the only one who has every I repeat EVERY movie great is kevin spacey (the usual suspects, K-PAX, american beauty, pay it forward) ouuuh totally the best… and guys on the 2nd place semuel jackson, denzel washington, jean reno(Crimson Rivers 2: Angels of the Apocalypse), russell crowe( gladiator – best movie I have seen, beautiful mind )  and one more actor I like – homer simpson(no comment)

01:23 PM Jan 24 2008 |

susu87

susu87

France

all sad movies can make me cry

02:43 PM Jan 24 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

hmmm interesting sculls( you know because of you I want to see a "million" movies – thanks for it) 

and finely I remember joshua jackson from cruel intentions….. and I have to tell you he is NOT cute Yell..... you wanna know who is cute so keira knightley or megan fox oh she is coooo cute 

about actresses hmm I really don't know I have no name in my head ….. tell me your list….. I don't know an actress who do impress me like kevin space (and he is so cute too Wink)

p.s.I didn't like silent hill … it wasn't as good as I expect   

04:57 PM Jan 24 2008 |

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

It was ….

((( Autumn In NewYork )))

every time I watch this movie I cry as if it is the first time ...... ):

you can't hold your tears when you watch it  Cry 

07:00 PM Jan 24 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

yeees of course kate beckinsale I like underworld…. and the second part too… hmm franka potente ( i've seen lola but I can't remember about this film :((( but I've remember her from anatomie ), hmm charlize theron hej I know she (15 minutes, the italian job, aeon flux) .. and kate blanshett don't know and jodie foster (maverick, inside man) ...good actresses hmmm but you know men are men Laughing

07:33 PM Jan 24 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

of course I've watch the whole fist and second and half of the 3th series… and I like this serial. hmm about that movies …. I've watch only mr. and mrs. smith and perfect storm. 

and shit about the chumsctubber I didn't watch it sh*t but I heard something that is really good….  ( it should be cool if it is like alpha dog .. I hoped that they don't kill the boy ) ...next longest yard – great film, equilibrium – it resembles me matrix. black howk down – hmmm great film, pearl barbour – great and armagedon – perfect it was my best movie in the past really … it is one from the few movies I like every part every!!! Wink

08:41 PM Jan 24 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

no I haven't heard about trainspotting 

and have you heard about "the boondock saints" it si the movie I heard the most time the word f*ck :DDD it was really crazy !!!!    

10:22 PM Jan 24 2008 |

Eric

Eric

United States

One movie that always makes me cry is "In America," which is about an Irish family that moves to New York City. It is not a "tear jerker" but it has some very touching moments, and the first few times I saw the ending I cried like a baby. ;)

Another movie I cry during is "Millions" which is about two little Scottish boys who one day find a giant bag full of money! Most of the movie is very funny, but there is one part at the end that makes me very sad (but happy at the same time).  

05:42 AM Jan 25 2008 |

stella-sue

China

the legent of 1900! It really gets me a lot! I like it very much!Smile 

1900: Moonlight city. You just couldn’t see an end to it. 
           It wasn’t what I saw that stopped me ,Max. 
           It was what I didn’t see.

Take the piano. 
           Keys begin. Keys end. 
           You know there are 88 of them. 
           They’re not infinite. You’re infinite. 
           And on those keys, the music that you can make is infinite. 
           I like that. That I can live by. 
           But you get me up on that gangway, and you roll them out 
           in front of me. 
           Keyboards have millions and billions of keys that never end. 
           That keyboard is infinite. 
           Then on that keyboard there’s no music you can play. 
           That’s God’s piano.

Did you see the streets? 
           There’re thousands of them. 
           How do you choose just one? 
           One woman, one house, one way to die……. 
           You don’t even know where it comes to an end. 
           Aren’t you ever just scared of breaking apart with the 
           thought of it?

I was born on this ship. 
           And the world passed me by. 
           But 2000 people at a time and there’re old wishes here . 
           But nevermore that fit between prow and stern.. 
           You played out your happiness bit on a piano that was not 
           infinite. 
           I learned to live that way.

Land? 
           Land is a ship too big for me, 
           It’s a woman too beautiful, a bridge too long, perfume to 
           strong, music I don’t know how to play. 
           I can never get off this ship. 
           At best, I didn’t step off my life. 
           After all, I don’t exist for anyone.

06:31 AM Jan 25 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

to stella – sue .. I haven't seen it but I read the review and it looks like a good movie…

to anna hmm "trainspotting" I shame myself that I haven't heard about it :(( but now I know that I will change it as soon as it will be possible (I'm looking forward to see depiction of amsterdam cause I was there and want to know if I have the same look on the people there) 

about the boondock saints …really don't know how many times but I think ti will not be more than 217 times (fuck so many times it'll be really good film) but one conversation in the boondock saints I have to write you :

What a fuckin'idiot!
Fuckin'... What the fuckin' fuck… Who the fuck…
Fuck this fuckin'... How did you two fuckin'fucks… Fuck!

Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word

:DDDDD  

p.s. I absolutely know how you feel cause my head is attacking by constructions of houses (fuck it)

to eric : I haven't seen the movies you said but I'd like to watch it (I like stories which can happen and which happened )

to lian: shit of course I forgot on Liv tyler ( I like her from armageddon, and she is so cute Tongue out

definition of cry – yes you right feel hurt inside but with tears ( of course we are men so we never cry Wink) but you know it can't be just feel hurt it must be something more 

p.s.s to all : I remember another movie "the last samurai" the end was very sad I liked it…  

12:19 PM Jan 25 2008 |