Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Dance movies

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

I like dance movies, it is often joyful, lively, and sometimes erotic. The favorite dance movies I have seen are Moulin Rouge starred by Nicole Kidman (I have seen twice), Dirty Dance (I love this movie, especially the erotic dancing in the club), Take the lead (Antonio Banderas, the sexy guy, who makes the classic ballroom looks great too, nice movie).

Dance movies often put great music, dancing, and the romance together, that's why I feel so good when I finish such movies…

What dance movies you have seen and like? ....see ya at movies. 

04:24 AM Oct 11 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

learoyd

learoyd

China

sorry, what are dance movies? it seems that i've never seen any before. and what's the exact meaning of "erotic"? is it just equal to "sexy"? or it has some reverse meaning? expect for ur answer. thx

09:35 AM Oct 12 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Learoy, please check out this week's movie lesson "Step Up To The Dance Floor", then you will know what the dance movies refer to.  There are many genres of movies, like action, fiction, comedy, drama, horror, animation, music, etc.  So the movies with lots of dancing scenes are called dance movies. 

Erotic, hmmm, it means tending to arouse sexual desire.  Hope I am helpful. Any question, please let me know.  Take care,

02:12 AM Oct 13 2006 |

loveegreyz

loveegreyz

Philippines

save the last dance (of julia stiles), honey (i really like jessica alba) you got served ( awesome moves!) bring it on 1-2-3 (yeah, i was a cheer leader waving a pom pom before) step up, i've seen it.. and yeah, i think it's cool..

08:24 AM Dec 09 2006 |

Kooks

Kooks

Ukraine

Мулаки вы все

10:04 AM Dec 16 2006 |

opportune

Congo

I like dance movies such as Dirty dancing ,save the last dance,and honey i can edd sister act

02:51 PM Dec 20 2006 |

Christbaum

Christbaum

Germany

Yesterday I watched two Dance Movies with John Travolta "Saturday Nigt fever" and "Staying alive". There were ok. I also have seen "Dirty Dancing 1" and for some weeks I saw "Step up" in the cinema a fantastic dance movie…with a nice story!

02:27 PM Dec 28 2006 |

mika

mika

France

Hi Sherryleio,

my favorite dance movie is "the tango lesson". I find it much much more erotic than the dirty dancing   :-)

here is a link about the movie : http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/tango/index.html

see you

mika

03:48 PM Jan 12 2007 |

anoukk

Netherlands

I like dance movies a lot! i watch them regular.

• save the last dance
  • step up 1 / step up 2.
  • honey
  • dirty dancing / dirty dancing; havana nights
  • center stage / centerstage 2
  • you got served

There are a lot more of this kind of movies.. i only can't think of them new!
I really like dirty dancing havana nights.. love that movie! I watch it a several times a month :).

have fun! xx.

08:23 PM Apr 14 2009 |

darnessa

darnessa

Poland

I love Dirty Dancing2 Havana Nights and Step up :)

06:45 PM Jun 19 2009 |

vaa

vaa

China

I think High School Musical is a great dance movie

And i love it very much!

01:03 AM Jul 01 2009 |