Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Have you ever watched this...?

pariya.parsa

Singapore

Hi,

One of my friends is eager to know about the plot of "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly".I myself haven't seen it before.

Do you know anything about that?

What is it about?

I would be glad if you help me.

12:54 PM Apr 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zhm19861217

China

yeah,a great Frech documentary!

12:58 PM Apr 17 2008 |

pariya.parsa

Singapore

thank u for ur attention!

it would be great if u provided me with the plot.

04:51 AM Apr 20 2008 |

Lian.Hanjin

China

In 1995, Jean-Dominique Bauby was the editor-in-chief of French Elle, the father of two young childen, a 44-year-old man known and loved for his wit, his style, and his impassioned approach to life. By the end of the year he was also the victim of a rare kind of stroke to the brainstem. After 20 days in a coma, Bauby awoke into a body which had all but stopped working: only his left eye functioned, allowing him to see and, by blinking it, to make clear that his mind was unimpaired. Almost miraculously, he was soon able to express himself in the richest detail: dictating a word at a time, blinking to select each letter as the alphabet was recited to him slowly, over and over again. In the same way, he was able eventually to compose this extraordinary book.

By turns wistful, mischievous, angry, and witty, Bauby bears witness to his determination to live as fully in his mind as he had been able to do in his body. He explains the joy, and deep sadness, of seeing his children and of hearing his aged father's voice on the phone. In magical sequences, he imagines traveling to other places and times and of lying next to the woman he loves. Fed only intravenously, he imagines preparing and tasting the full flavor of delectable dishes. Again and again he returns to an "inexhaustible reservoir of sensations," keeping in touch with himself and the life around him.

Jean-Dominique Bauby died two days after the French publication of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

This book is a lasting testament to his life.

=====================================

Hehe,  just copy from other site, it's very easy ctrl+c & ctrl+v. Many people do this all day.
So you are welcome. Smile

08:29 AM Apr 20 2008 |

pariya.parsa

Singapore

Thank you very much for the summary that u sent to me.

04:36 PM Apr 20 2008 |

power he

power he

China

I can`ot  read to it ,but I think learn english to here .

03:46 PM Apr 22 2008 |