Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

best horror movie???

vandersauf

vandersauf

Germany

i would like to know what the best horror movie is…

daniel

09:37 PM Aug 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yukisong

Bolivia

Ghost whisperer

08:21 AM May 22 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

So "Dumplings" is not an original history but based in a TV program?? I don´t remember the TV serie you mentioned ("The hunger"). I don´t know if it was released here in my country. But about dumplings, for one season I avoid eating dumplings in the restaurants, hahahaha!

"For "Saw", there is a lot of blood, horror scenes but the story is always the same,"

The comment was refering to me or you are talking about the "Saw" movie (my favorite horror saga by the way along with the Final Destination movies).

02:30 PM May 22 2009 |

Pie.

France

I'm talking about "saw". Between "Saw" and "Final destination", i prefer "Final destination"

For "Saw", when u have understood the intrigure, there is only horror scenes and blood. It's a good movie, there is too much "Saw" now, it's repititive.

06:44 PM May 22 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Oh I see!! For me it´s difficult decide between Jigsaw or the Grim Reaper hahaha!

Maybe "Saw" is not repetitive. What it happens is that all the Saw movies form a single one history! All the pieces fit together perfectly!! That doesn´t happen in movies like "friday the 13th", "Halloween" or another sagas where its original history is completely twisted or changed, they doesn´t respect the original plot most of the times, while "Saw" has remained intact.

And maybe the non-linear sequence is what it´s bothering you.

09:54 PM May 22 2009 |

jarvis321

Germany

The Exorcist

saw

Paranormal activity

all are the best horror movies..

01:08 PM Feb 22 2011 |

movie-holic

India

Paranomal activity and the rite are good movies, and you can also watch final destination movies… I have seen that recently on hbo but somehow I don’t count final destination as horror or something. I mean its not like scary stuff types but it comes under the genre of horror

07:34 AM Nov 01 2012 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

The scarriest one that made me stop watching horror movies for 5 years is Amityville horror. It’s based on a true story and that’s what I don’t like. When it’s fantasy, it’s one thing, you’re watching in suspense, worrying about characters, turning off some scenes that you mostly afraid off and then you say to yourself – hey, not to worry, it’s all not real. But if there’s an element of tiny truth there, that changes the whole attitude. You think that somebody was suffering for real and that what i don’t like. Anyway that was a very scary movie for me.

The Ring is phsycological horror movie is one of the scarriest too. I wouldn’t watch for the second time.

The last good one is Mirrors I watched. I liked it. The end was unpredictable. And that made the movie unforgettable.

And my favorite is Let me In :)

08:29 AM Nov 01 2012 |

caytee90

caytee90

Poland

i really liked [REC], among all the american productions this one is pretty outstanding. 

10:59 PM Nov 01 2012 |