Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Orange County

thewackyguy

Brazil

Hi guys!! How have you been?

I’ve been traveling the past 2 months and I got to see a lot of really cool movies during my trip.. The Lord of the rings was pretty cool, also Vanilla Sky, Ocean’s eleven.. I didn’t really like Black Hawk down.. to be honest I thought it was very boring.. 99% of is made up of shootings and blood everywhere.. there arent many dialogs..
There was a movie I really like because it was so different from everything we have seen before.. its a movie called Orange County.. It’s teen comedy but what makes it so different is that they didn’t have to use sex to draw the audience’s attention.. The story revolves around this guy from a small town in California named Orange County and he has this dream of becoming a writer one day.. It has very funny scenes and a beautiful message at the end.. I really liked it..

Take care and happy new year

11:57 PM Jan 30 2002 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hoono44

United States

HEY BUDDY,

I HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION FROM U ABOUT “ORANGE COUNTY.”

I JUST SAW THE MOVIE RECENTLY. AND DO U KNOW WHAT I THINK?

IT REALLY SUCKS!!

PERSONALLY, I BORROWED THE TAPE FROM LIBRARY, BECAUSE I LIKE JACK BLACK A LOT. HE ALWAYS PLAYS THE TYPE OF GUY WHO FOOLS AROUND AND DOES TONS OF STUPID BUT EXTREMELY FUNNY THINGS.

HOWEVER, IN THIS FILM, I DONT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING. HE ALSO DID STUPID THINGS BUT ABSOLUTELY NOT SO FUNNY.

WELL, I’D SAY THAT I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED._

08:57 AM Jul 12 2003 |