Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Lilo & Stitch

luym

Brazil

Hey guys,

Have you seen this movie? I love Elvis and I thought it was very nice to see Stitch impersonating him.

Very cute! But just for those who are fond of animated films…

Lu.

09:07 PM Jul 04 2002 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sallyzou

United States

I am looking forward seeing it.
but why my co-workers began to laugh at me when i told them i’m gonna see “lilo and stitch”, while they’re planning to see the “minority report”

05:45 AM Jul 09 2002 |

luym

Brazil

Ahah, don’t worry about them. But have you seen this “minority report”? It hasn’t been launched in Brazil yet. (is it correct to say to launch a movie?)

Regards,

Lu.

12:46 PM Jul 11 2002 |

elbeto

United States

People will understand you if you say a movie has been launched. The most common way to say it is “released”, as in “Minority Report was released last weekend.”

Hope that helps!

05:35 PM Jul 12 2002 |

luym

Brazil

Yes, you it helps. Thanks!

06:54 PM Jul 13 2002 |

thewackyguy

Brazil

I havent seen minority report yet but a friend of mine talked me into seeing Lilo and Stitch, and I thought it was not bad :)
I wouldn’t compare it with Shrek for example which I thought was way better than Lilo & Stitch but it’s a good movie.. The funny thing was that when I went to see it, the movie theater was packed with little children who would laugh and clap along with songs, so if you’re not the kind of person who enjoys that, wait for it on video :
)

10:46 AM Aug 07 2002 |

China

Is it right had said “the stitch impersonating him?”or is the stitch have being impersonated by someone.hope to answer.

10:24 AM Aug 22 2002 |

luym

Brazil

Hello 95700,

I used the verb “impersonate” because I wanted to say that Stitch was copying Elvis’ clothes and dance style. He was copying Elvis, so he was impersonating him. It’s a transitive verb. The noun for the act of impersonating someone is the impersonation and the person who impersonates is the impersonator.

Your second option “stitch have being impersonated by someone” is not correct, because Stich was the one who was copying Elvis. So Stitch was not being copied by someone.

Hope this helps.

Lu.

02:05 AM Aug 30 2002 |

China

hello luym,
thanks your sencond helps.
i found your reply on my last question in MUSIC BOARD.your r very friendly luym.hope u can become my friend.
yours truly
honey(95700)

01:51 AM Sep 02 2002 |

luym

Brazil

Thanks honey,

I’m glad to help though I’m not a native speaker. I hope we can keep helping each other.

Best regards,

Lu.
(Brazil)

09:58 PM Sep 03 2002 |

seaocean

seaocean

Taiwan

I go by you guys’ compliments on the movie. I saw it three times in the theater. It’s such a great and touching movie, isn’t it? I even bought a Stitch doll the other day. It can speak alien just as it does in the movie and as well as English. It’s so cute. If you like Stitch, maybe you can check out those dolls in the mall. It reminds me a lot of the movie.
What’s your favorite in the movie? I love the line “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind”. I went to Hawaii this January and visited my friend. He taught me some Hawaiian. So, when I heard “Ohana” in the theather, all the flashback just came around me along with the clean, beautiful ocean in the movie. In addition, I was so touched by the scene that Lilo was appealing to the God to have a true and wonderful friend when Stitch was arriving at Earth on the red patrol cruise, which was mistaken as a shooting star by Lilo. Do you guys love this scene also?

By the way, the soundtrack is awesome. I even copied one to put in my car so that I can listen to it and sing along both at home and in the car.

Anyhow, I’m so happy there are so many guys out there like me loving this movie.

Have a nice day~

Gary from Taiwan _

03:53 AM Nov 14 2002 |