Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

which is the best movie of cinema history???

MyaLL

MyaLL

Turkey

i thing the godfather is the best movie. it is very fascinating…

05:45 PM Apr 29 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Wallraven

Wallraven

Germany

Hmmm, the best… I think it's Fight Club!

11:01 AM Jun 01 2007 |

FloridaViking

United States

To ask the question, "which is the best movie of cinema history?", is like asking  "What is the greatest piece of music in the repertoire of the symphony orchestra?".

What is greater,  a symphony of W.A. Mozart, or J. Brahms, or a concerto by A. Vivaldi, or a tone poem by H Berlioz or Richard Strauss?   :-/

Asking a question like that would elicit an answer indicating the personal preferrence of the a person. 

03:57 PM Jun 03 2007 |

avestahakan

Turkey

" the shawsank redemption"

05:45 PM Jun 04 2007 |

FloridaViking

United States

To learn  English,  get  yourhands on dialogue from movies

This dialogue is idiomatic English language delivered with precision. 

Read through the dialogue to several of your favorite movies, and  watchthe movie, and try to repeat it back, as the story goes along.

Actually,  there  is  a  quirky cultish phenomena,  of  doing this (memorizing the movie, and playing it back))  enacted by the audience while the movie plays on the screen..

This is  done to the 'camp' movie "Rocky Horror Picture Show"—Fans often attend viewings dressed as characters from the film and respond ritualistically to certain events by throwing food, using props, yelling jokes, dancing, and cheering

You can do this in your own home  for  fun    Memorize  the  story and lines and songs from musicals 

09:29 PM Jun 04 2007 |

FloridaViking

United States

Which movie,  would be  the  best  to  use  to  learn English? 

09:31 PM Jun 04 2007 |

BAXY

BAXY

Georgia

A scent of a woman & Goodfellas

08:51 PM Jun 07 2007 |

Devilpierre

France

The best movie i know isn't a fil in the cinema it is a film in my computer and he is a ….

No i am kidding, i think that is the lord of the rings ^^

09:09 AM Jun 08 2007 |

Ky.Liang

Ky.Liang

China

Crash,it is not a big story,but a good story.

04:08 AM Jun 16 2007 |

valentino

Indonesia

Jean The Florette and Manon The Spring ; Like Water for a Chocolate,

04:36 AM Jun 17 2007 |

valentino

Indonesia

Too many wonderful/best movies….maybe casablanca…simple but good story, Lawrence of Arabia, The spirit away….

04:38 AM Jun 17 2007 |