Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

Do you know Hayao Miyazaki?

erigo

erigo

Japan

let's talk!

03:18 PM Apr 02 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MrDevMan

MrDevMan

Morocco

yes I know him , he's a producer from Gibli , right ?

08:39 PM Apr 02 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

Who doesn't know Miyazaki-san?? =D

09:54 PM Apr 02 2010 |

MrDevMan

MrDevMan

Morocco

yeh , i respect all of his works , really great man with a fabulous imagination .

01:05 AM Apr 03 2010 |

erigo

erigo

Japan

Thank you for replying!

What do they know about Ghiburi's work?

for example:"mononokehime","tonari no totoro"

08:37 AM Apr 03 2010 |

MrDevMan

MrDevMan

Morocco

And one of the best works is "chihiro" , i don't remember the whole title lol . 

03:33 PM Apr 03 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

I loved Mononoke Hime! Actually I love all of his work. Everything he does is a masterpiece. It's like you feel you are in a magical world created only for you and the characters of the story, where no matter how you look and no matter what is happening in the world around you… love, magic, and romance can exist and still be shared between two very different individuals.

03:59 PM Apr 03 2010 |

erigo

erigo

Japan

MrDevMan:"chihiro" is "sen to chihiro no kamikakushi"!I like the story.I have the DVD.

Mia★:You like GHIBLI very much!do you have some DVD?

08:36 AM Apr 04 2010 |

MrDevMan

MrDevMan

Morocco

erigo : yeh if you don't know , "sen to chihiro no kamikakushi" has defeat even Titanic . to show that's not like any anime. :)

01:36 PM Apr 04 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

@erigo: Oh yes, I have quite some DVD's like Laputa, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Totoro, and Grave of the Fireflies (this anime always makes me cry T_T). I also have a very old anime that Miyazaki-san worked on before Ghibli called Hols Prince of the Sun or "Horusu no Daibōken"have you seen it?

07:50 PM Apr 04 2010 |

erigo

erigo

Japan

MrDevMan:I knew it for the first time.That reminds me,Titanic seems to become 3D this time.

Mia★:You have a lot of DVD!I haven't seen "Horusu no Daiboken".I have seen Laputa!

10:04 AM Apr 05 2010 |