Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

The holiday

prue

prue

Algeria

good romance movie saw it many times

wish to talk about it

10:23 PM Sep 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

I like the character of Kate Winslet too much, but I don´t understand why the director pick Black to be her boyfriend!!!!!!!!  I think the history of Winslet´s character is richest than the Cameron one. So I was frustrated because the movie put the attention more in Cameron Diaz. Besides I believe Winslet is one of the most gorgeous women in the world.

11:55 PM Jun 13 2008 |

qihaihua1986

United States

I'd like to watch the english languaged  movies in my spare time. I am a new guy here, thanks!

01:04 AM Jun 17 2008 |

Koen89'

Netherlands

Hello,

I think The Holiday  is a very good movie as well. It is really romantic and a good movie to surprise your girlfriend with. I've watched it with my girlfriend and she liked it very much as well. The storyline is very good, but not really  realistic. I would never lend my house to some stranger.

The cast was also very good. Cameron Diaz played an awesome role as the insecure woman who gets betrayed by her husband. I liked it how she falls in love with the brother(Jude law) of Kate Winslet. She in her turn falls in love with Jack Black after rejecting 'the love of her life'. Although she wants to stay away from guys as much as she can. I think it's also very moving how she treats the old writer with the respect he deserves.

Overall I think Cameron Diaz is the best actor of the bunch. I recently saw the movie 'What happens in Vegas…', I recommend it to everyone who likes comedy movies with romance in them. The movie is about 2 people who meet in Las Vegas get drunk and get married. When they wake up in the morning the get the shock of their lifes. When they are about to leave the new husband(Ashton kutcher) wins 2 million dollars with the penny of Cameron Diaz. They will have to prove in order of a judge that they can keep up with each other for 6 months. Then he will grant them their divorce and will divide the 2 million dollars. It is a really good movie.

Anyone saw that movie? If you haven't you should.

Yours,

Koen

03:06 PM Jun 23 2008 |

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

NICE MOVIE..

I LOVE JUDE LAW PREFORMANCEHE IS WOW!!!

I like pretty much all romance comedy movies :)

11:36 PM Jun 23 2008 |