Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Movie Madness!

13 going to 30

FlyingCat

FlyingCat

China

about Love,dream and Life
IF it is true,as plato says,at the touch of love,everyone becomes a poet.Then love has indeed simled upon the boy in the film (unfortunately I forgot his name :( .Sometimes we are astonished to find out that love may inspire one’s capacity he/she might never realize.After the boy was enslaved by loving the girl,he made a present for her,a mini house.It is such an elegant and faitly composment which fullfill the boy’s dream to live in this sort of house with the girl from then on and forever more.However,it seems that the girl did not know its meaning and instead,she concerned on something else,her dreams.
When coming to dream,everyone has more or less to say.For girls it might be good looks,fancinating shape,or a happy marriage.While for boys it might be a lot sums of wealth,high intelligence,sense of humour even a beautiful wife :P When I was a kid I ever dreamed to be a superman!The girl in the movie on the other hand,demanded to grow up.She was also running after a cool boy(and shall I say,a himbo? :D ).However,when she did be an adult,she was not used to everything she gained.Yes,for sure she had won a lot of things___ a good position,high status and a beautiful large platform.But meanwhile,she lost herself.She dropped her kindness,she was not down to earth and she even ignored her true friend,the boy.Now she was entirely a cruel white-collar woman,everyone respected her becoz of the fear.She did not realize she has taken to the boy ever before until the boy was about to be taken!They parted with tears,and farewell meant she can never save things back.Finally she found it a nightmare,and wished to go back.With the help of the kindhearted director she really made it,while in real it’s a fantasia only!Dream is just dream;but when it does come true,you may enjoy the fun,and you have to enjoy the pains it brings about as well—-this is life,and life is not all roses.
However about life?Although it’s a big and hard topic,I’d like to have a word or two.Someone wonders what kind of life shall we live?Oh,it depends.And after watching this movie,there might be an idea in your mind,that is,be yourself;love the one right beside you,and don’t crushed on those afar.Pursue your own true happiness,never regret of what you have done;Once it comes to you,pluck up courage to face it instead of frown,that’s my point of view. :D

09:55 AM Apr 23 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

episod

episod

United States

Your post gives much to think about, and I think it’s great that you were inspired to write it after watching 13 Going on 30. I was so surprised by this movie! I loved it. It was fun—and moving, as you suggest.
My favorite part is when the younger version of Mark Ruffolo’s character is getting funky to Talking Heads’ Burning Down the House and those girls call him a “freak!” That is a classic moment.
Jennifer Garner is also a great actress. I really like her in Alias.

02:41 AM Apr 26 2006 |

Charlize

Taiwan

Agree!! I love both of them…especially Mark Roffulo is my ideal character actor in hollywood. I watch the movies featured by him as possible as I can. Even while writing this comment, he's with me in the movie he featured with Tom Cruise and Michal Fox, he really so handsome and cute.

I watched this movie on DVD, 2004, and I bought one copy of DVD for preserving  all the moments. This movie is full of entertainment, I love it, and I also recommend it to all of my friends. 

The moment in my mind was when Jennifer started dancing "thriller"...I really felt thrilling…

06:57 AM Mar 09 2007 |