Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

What do you think about emos??

Rotsen

Rotsen

Venezuela

What do you think guys?

It's a life style?... A fashion

Are there in your country?

07:57 PM Oct 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Two thumbs up to Lord Raven and KasTra Laughing Totally agree with you, guys. It'a actually a big question who is stupidier…

I have some so-called emo-kids among my students – and there's nothing wrong with them (maybe except for provocative looks maybe…) Nowadays it's a trendy way to be different, I'd say. In my times (well, I'm not that old – when I was a teenager) punks and goths were trendy-different (in my country I mean) – so it's all the matter of trend and fashion. And I think that  emo-behaviour (as I see it) is more suitable for kids or teenagers. Speaking about adults – well I don't mind wearing some pink-black clothes as a fashion experiment    Laughing

04:38 PM Oct 18 2008 |

guixiang841108

China

What is emos?

05:08 PM Oct 18 2008 |

Lord_Raven

Lord_Raven

Slovakia

nobody really knows but its very popular nowadays:)

05:58 PM Oct 18 2008 |

amorph

amorph

Russian Federation

I think it's just new fashion or something… Most of them just untrue I guess..

05:05 AM Oct 19 2008 |

KasTra

KasTra

Russian Federation

amorph, yeah..one day the fashion will go away and there will be only true emos…..

wow..really cool…I've found a person who don't know emos +))

Lord_Raven, ahahh)))) the nice phrase!!!!!!!! =)))

07:11 AM Oct 20 2008 |

Lord_Raven

Lord_Raven

Slovakia

I feel sorry for true emos who was emos before it becames fashion…they must now feel like i felt when blackmetal becames trendy in our country….it was horrible for me as a old blackmetalfan who started to listen it when there was about 50bmfans in whole country….KasTra-fortunately fashions usually go away quickly:)

11:42 AM Oct 20 2008 |

KasTra

KasTra

Russian Federation

Lord_Raven,
how many fans of blackmetal now in ur country?I don’t think that this kind of metal is popular…
anyway, u are experienced:)
btw,i started listen rock in the first class =)))it was oldschool russian rock))
yeah…i know some this ‘true emos before the fashion’, now they prefer not to call themselves emo at all
And unfortunately, fashion usually comes back round after 10-20 years… So, can u imagine when we will be adults there can be again lots of emos xD O_o

02:04 PM Oct 20 2008 |

amorph

amorph

Russian Federation

KasTra, oh wow! It will be so strange if my children will become emos O_o

and some adults will call themselfs "oldschool emos")))))

03:09 PM Oct 20 2008 |

Lord_Raven

Lord_Raven

Slovakia

oh old russian rock..sounds interesting!:)....so of course there are not millions of them,but between the metalfans in our country its now most popular genre(people who hate it before,are now great and of course daarrrrk BMˇs)...but i really dont know the exact number of them,coz  I gave up going on metal concerts,to metal pubs and everything what has something to do with metal scene in my country…i dont want to be its part anymore..dont want to be considered as a Bm when there is so many shit on scene….i cant stand it…

05:42 PM Oct 21 2008 |

KasTra

KasTra

Russian Federation

amorph, yeah….remember my words – one day it happens xD
Omg…the forecaster KasTra said this xD
Lord_Raven,u have nihilistic mood. =) anyway, thats ur choise. I understand you ‘cuz inconsistent character is certainly about me too. =) But if i were you, i wouldn’t change my lifestyle just because of surrounding ‘shit on scene’=) be urself, no matter WHO they are and WHAT they say.

02:57 PM Oct 22 2008 |